Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Stuff

Song of the day: “What if” by Kate Winslet. It’s been going through my head for two days now, and…well, I still like it, so it doesn’t really matter.

Yesterday was grocery shopping day, and I will not give my usual response to it because it’s starting to become boring, regardless of how appropriate the scream is. Hah.

But anyway, yesterday was an incredibly long day. It started early with big brother and I heading out with the car to get a particularly good sale on light bulbs (can I just say for the record I find it stupid that I am now obligated to buy expensive light bulbs, that might very well be just as bad for the environment as the old ones, and are more expensive. Grrrr) in Marbella, and picking up tenant’s new washing machine. We finally got the call that it arrived, so we connected it with the sale, and managed to get it all done before noon. We arrived back home at exactly 5 past 1 in the afternoon, right on time to start on groceries.

Got all the shops done before seven, but were forced to unload in the dark due to wintertime. Dontcha just hate wintertime? I do. But what the heck. The big groceries are done for another month, and that’s well worth the nine-hour effort, thank you very much.

Editing just didn’t happen after it, though, both our focus was shot to blithereens, so after I took care of my messages, did a bit of chatting online, and messed around with the cover for the gangster novella, we decided to put on a new movie that little brother got.

Cowboys and Aliens. Not a WOW movie, but entertaining enough with some nice twists and turns that took me by surprise. I like it when that happens, and it so rarely does these days. Also, I liked that there was no gratuitous sex in this one. What little skin was showed, was tastefully done, and I can’t ask for more than that, I guess.

Was in bed an hour after midnight, and grateful for it. Decided to not let Labhana on the bed, which meant that I actually slept better than expected just because there was more room to sleep in. It helped too that it wasn’t so cold, meaning that Knight II didn’t insist on pushing himself against me.

But anyway, I was slow to start this morning, mostly because I insisted on wearing my Sancho boots yesterday, and paid for it today, hah. Not so much my plantars, but the rest of my foot, which made for a nice change.

Had a reasonable workout, despite me cutting most of the reps in half, since I knew it was going to be a busy day. We first installed tenant’s washing machine, almost got ourselves a heart attack to boot, because when we connected the water it started running. We messed around for a bit and then figured that it might be a good idea to connect it to the power too and have the program shut down the valve. Worked like a charm. *phew*

That done I went up to help tenant for a bit (caregiver at her other job again) and basically divided my time between that and going down to saw wood with the small chainsaw, while big brother worked with the big (motor) one. There was sawing, chopping with the axe, and on the overall enjoying the outside exertions. Seriously, the weather was once again perfect for it…and afterwards heading for the greenhouse, was just as grand. Toasty warm and killing bugs by the dozen. *sigh*

We had pancakes fur supper, which got tenant in a good mood, hah. And then it was time to head on out to the village. Grandpa wants to have his old moped checked out by a mechanic, but from the looks of it, he’s going to be better off getting a new one.

Took Knight II along (we were going to get rocks afterward), and I can tell you, he didn’t like sharing the car with the moped. In fact, he ended up with all four paws in my lap, while his butt was on the ground. He didn’t like it AT ALL! Hah. I had to laugh so hard I almost burst something painful.

He did do some walking in the end, while we hauled rocks into the car. He went back in as soon as we forgot the door, though. *sigh* I sometimes worry about that one.

Well, I better get to the edit now, enough dawdling, in particular since yesterday we didn’t get any computer work done either.

No comments: