Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Cleaning frenzy

Song of the day: “Come on” by Will Young. It was a deliberate earworm, if for no other reason than to get Gotye out of there. Seriously, three days was enough.

I’m late. I’m sooooo late, darn it. Why are there only twenty four friggin’ hours in a day darn it? Oh yeah, right. Because if there were more I would be even more tired right now. Hah. Never mind then. Let’s see. Well, yesterday started a little early because Cousin Ed’s birthday was there, and I had to make a apple pie for the occasion. Didn’t take all that long, really. Half an hour at most and then…wel, it was worth every minute, seeing as we still enjoyed pieces of that today. Yay.

Regardless of the happy occasion normal food had to be made as well. I’ve been wanting to experiment with chickpeas and chicken broth for a long time now and I figure they worked out rather well. Tried them today on burger rolls. They were yummy. For a moment there they tasted like McChicken. Yay.

Had to go out after breakfast to pay for the cottage. Was worried for a bit that I might not be able to find it again, but I did, and the lady was really nice, again. She invited me into her own home while she wrote out a receipt, and was proud as a fiddle about showing off her designer skills. It did look charming, I’ll admit, despite all the reds on white. Hah.

There was tiling to finish. The final edge before the new kitchen counter, and since Cousin Ed insisted on doing the actual laying, I did the cutting while cooking supper in the meantime. There was some serious debate with grandpa prior to starting, about whether to use a red tile, or a yellow one, but (thankfully) he opted for the yellow, which is good since red would have been really busy. *Phew* I was much relieved.

Most of that done (grandpa and big brother were in carport working on the cupboards) big brother and I had to go out to pick up a donation. A very nice Schottish woman who was sorting through the “mess” in her house and wanted to get rid of a lot. It was an experience, I tell ya. Hah.

Once home we got to work on A.I.L., of which we have to cut a 1100 synopsis into 750 something words too. OMG, I hate this part, but it’s gotta be done. Luckily this is not such a complicated story such as Saving Nina, because over there ever single cut felt like I was amputating an arm, or something.

Was a little late getting to bed, seeing as I got distracted (after work) online. Those Amazon Chats are just too much fun, darn it. But no matter. I was up on time this morning to get to the workout. Did the double time thing again, adding some extra reps just to see if I could. It didn’t help that I did some situps last night, but all in all I managed well enough. Whatever else I can say about that workout this morning, my body felt nicely oiled in the joints today.

There was laundry, two dog feeding sessions (yesterday too, of course) and breakfast…after big brother picked up Grandpa. His moped is playing up again, meaning it had to be brought to the shop for an overhaul. The guy checked it through during the day, but except for the fact that there was not smooth enough oil in it, (or something along those lines) he couldn’t find anything wrong.

Unloaded the car, and sorted through some tiles. The supply piles are a mess after all the work we did with them so far. Jeez. It’s going to take me ages to get that cleaned up again.
Couldn’t waste too much time there, either, since we had to head down to the yard and water a large part of the terraces. Took a moment to clean up most of the mess in the greenhouse, since I was there anyway, checking the tomato plants. There was some harvest too, but since we already cut most of today’s veggies yesterday, there wasn’t much needed. Did get some nice lettuces for consumption, along with a big batch of broccoli and a white cabbage.

The remainder of the day was spent cleaning up. First hauling pallets to the storage. There were six of them lying about, so those had to be gathered and carried away. What followed was a big stack of plants, which grandpa wanted in the storage, covered by a blanket to prevent them from curving from the sunshine. Lastly was carrying some more tiles to the corner of the storage. For the record, I’ve got to say here for a moment that I calculated the amount of tiles for the kitchen just right. Yay. *pats own shoulder* “There’s a good Sammi.”
I finished up, up there by gathering building debris which we’re going to have to drive to the dump one of these days. It does look way better over there now, which is a good thing, and about time.

That done, I went to the carport to get a broom and shovel (big brother and grandpa were working with the cupboards in the kitchen) and moved on to the basin terrace. Took most of the furniture from under the plastic coverings, set it all up for the field kitchen in a few weeks, and then swept the floors until there was actually space to move again. Yay. Looking much better now, if I must say so myself. I promptly felt like sitting down there, hah, watching Gada stretch out in obvious bliss.

That done, it was back up where tenant was waiting to go on up to her cottage, and to bike on the bicycle for a bit. She held out for about five minutes, but then it was agreed that she still had to walk up the mountain, so that was enough. She was a little embarrassed about taking to long, but I was honestly grateful for the quiet moment where I just needed to stand there, making sure she didn’t lose her balance.

Which brings us to now. Another editing session through the synopsis behind us and my eyes already halfway shut. Seriously, it is time to call it a day.

No comments: