Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Not much to tell

Song of the day: “A happy place” by Katie Melua. I know, it’s a bit harried, but that’s how I felt today, so it was rather appropriate.
Yes, I’m sure your guessing the cause of my mood, it is that time of the month again…no, not THAT time. I mean grocery shopping time. *sigh* I could talk about it endlessly, of course. I could go into detail of going into this shop, and then into that, guessing up ahead which one would have the cheapest sugar, or the best fruit; I could supply a step by step recount of how we loaded the carts full, packaged everything up and stacked it into the car and went from one side of town to the other, but…I won’t. Because let’s face it, who cares? It’s groceries, for crying out loud. We bought the necessities, and some extras…heck I even found some jeans (yay) that fit me and we actually got home in time before dusk so we could go into the yard to check everything and to close down the greenhouse and seedbeds.
Nothing like relaxing in the yard after a day like that, I tell ya.

The doggies weren’t happy with us, of course, but according to cousin Ed and grandpa they behaved well enough. Mine were staring at me angrily…or that is what it looked like when I opened the door to my cabin and let them out. Poor darling.

Luckily there was a workout this morning. It’s been a while, I know, but the pounding, the kicking and the weight lifting was rather splendid, thank you very much. Managed serious heart beat of 120 during the five jab session, and though my shoulder played up several times, I did manage the full workout without little to no problem. It was definitely the highlight of today…along with the morning trip to the yard, (harvested some serious kale for tomorrow’s dog food) and feeding the dogs the food we prepared last night. I don’t know how long we’re going to keep this feeding them healthy stuff up, but they’re enjoying it while it lasts.

That done, I went up to help tenant for a bit. Caregiver was at her other job again, so there was plenty to do before it was time to head on out.

So let me regale on yesterday (yes, that is sarcasm. How could you tell?) by saying that after waking fifteen minutes late, doing laundry and rearranging the grocery shopping list on the computer, it was time for opening the greenhouse (before it got to be too hot) and having breakfast.

The majority of the afternoon was spent in the yard, watering plants, harvesting veggies and on the overall just having a bit of relaxing time in the sunshine. I could continue telling about the marvels of the weather, of course, but there really isn’t a point. It is just the usual yard stuff, and I won’t bore you with that either. Then an edit, but okay, that's not new either, is it. Hah.

Since I’m not in the best of moods anyway, I figure I might as well keep this short. Heck, I managed to keep it under one page for a change.

No comments: