Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

As promised: Pics!

It’s time, it’s time. The picture update time has arrived once more. Yay. The job is over and done with, so, yeah, here we get to see the end result. You’re psyched, I’m sure. Hah.

Here we go, first some befores then some afters:


See, all in their natural glory. Front.



Here too. Back.


And this is all nicely pruned. There's the Knight. Trying to sneak out of the shot. Hah.


All neat and groomed beside the road.


Front shot again. Notice the difference?


East side...with the fence cutting right through. All's still standing, and looking good.


Same spot, different angle.


Same back shot, but then trimmed, of course.


Another trimmed front shot. Hah.


This one isn't pruned. Neither did I do it, because it's an Almond tree. It was too beautiful not to shoot a picture, though.


The small gate. Had to take a shot from the sun gleaming on it. *snort*


The steepest part. Went up there at least fifteen times during the course of work. Boy, did I have a workout.

But okay, enough about the trees and fence. On to the daily stuff, right?
Here we have a couple of shots (before and after too) of the classic car thing I restored. Isn’t it gorgeous?


Before. Sides were broken, the paint chipped, the body mangled. This was the stage where I'd used glass fiber to put it back together. The shape was still off though.


The after. All done. Reshaped, painted and polished to a shine. I sure like the end result. *sigh*

So, here we are, let’s do the blog and get it over with, eh?

Song of the day: “Manic Monday” by the Bangles. How weird is it to have that song in your head on a Tuesday. Made me all confused, I tell ya. But okay, it wasn’t a problem, really, more than enough to keep me distracted, eh?

Yesterday was pretty darn busy, if you must know. I had to get up at seven in the morning due to the appointment with the garage at nine. I hate waking up and having to jump into the car immediately, so it is a matter of getting up in time for me to be able to enjoy a coffee, and to get some morning chores done.

Since yesterday was a working day as well, Cousin Ed and I headed out with the cars to drop off the Opel for the day (getting a pull bar, in case you’re wondering) while grandpa went out to the village (on the moped) to get some groceries and big brother stayed home to prepare lunch and make breakfast for the dogs.

Heard some complicated stuff concerning having a pull bar installed. There is official paper work to be done. A check up at the MOT, followed by informing your insurance of the darn thing. Then I’m not even talking of the price (I’m considering selling a kidney again, for the love of gawd!) which was so high that I’ve decided to postpone the repairs and do the MOT first to see what really, really needs to be done. *sigh*

By the time we got home, he had most ready, and I ate breakfast while we went over the plans and waited for grandpa to return.

We left home a little late and arrived on site to start work at 11 in the morning, luckily there wasn’t as much to do. Added to those two trees I still had to prune, I found two more I missed, so big brother started dragging debris while I got to work on those.

In the five hours that followed, I went through the whole garden one more time, checked the trees, cut off some lower branch growths, cleared some leftovers that we’d missed, all the while having Knight II following me around, or watching me from whichever vantage point he picked. Luckily he got used to the work location enough to relax a bit during the day, and even catch a few winks every now and then.

This time we did plan properly, and were done in time to load up and head on home to drop everything off and then immediately head to town to pick up the car. Made it barely in time before closing time, paid the bill, chatted with the nice mechanics, and laughed along when one couldn’t remember where he’d parked the Opel. It took him a couple of minutes of worrying, and rushing about, but then he located it in a side street, and waved me off while I was still laughing my head off. I sooooo know the feeling of forgetting something like that. Hah.

We got home around eight in the evening, to find mom and tenant on my terrace. Helped tenant on the home trainer for a few moments, and then set her on her way up to her bungalow. By then it was time for some very late supper (don’t ask me why, but I hadn’t been hungry all day, and never got around to having lunch) which I barely managed to choke down. Luckily Knight II (he was exhausted and slept most of the evening away) was starving and really appreciated the spaghetti and sauce through his food a lot. Hah.

While we did a six page edit during the evening, I had a momentary heart stab with the thought of, “OMG what if I had forgotten to load up Knight II in the car?” Seriously, I almost had a seizure at the idea. He would be wandering around there, lost and alone. Aaaah. I really shouldn’t be having thoughts like that. Bad for me.

Had a long night, almost made it a whole seven and a half hours and managed to roll out of bed without my foot messing me up. After the morning chores we headed straight out into the yard. There was watering to be done, a view to be admired, and seedlings to be planted.
Got in a solid field of peppers, and several tomato plants, and genuinely enjoyed the hours spent there.

Tenant went to the dentist again. The new teeth have to be adjusted and such, which makes everything a little difficult for her. It worked out well, though, and she’s back home relaxing in her room.

Besides gardening, big brother and I planned a traveling box for the classic decorative car (see pics) and I made a button nose of wood for a toy dog cousin Ed wants to use as an example on the market.

Well, I still have stuff to do. And then, well…more days to follow, of course. *sigh*

No comments: