Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pic update

Song of the day: ....well the difficult word from Mary Poppins, thanks to Archer. Grrr.

Okay, I could describe how we took Sally to the hospital for radiotherapy, but since it was blessedly uneventful and I managed to find the perfect parking spot (ya gotta celebrate the small stuff, ya know?) we're going to do the long promised Pic update.

Hold onto your seat. There we go, first stage of building "the cabin". The foundation so it won't be in the mud. More work than it looks because it all has to be leveled.


Going nicely, I guess. Got up this high first day we got cabin delivered. Those windows are not part of the original. They are officially from my cabin from when I replaced the windows and doors for terrace doors in the back.


Awww, the Chaos. He found the foldout bed, the lazy gorgeous.


See, they look like they belong there. The slats will come out, though. Sally likes a lot of unhindered views.


Full height prior to the pointy part. Spanish wood is definitely not as good as that from Finland. We just didn't have time for that this time 'round.


Beams on. We didn't like leaving the walls without them during the night. Just in case the wind picked up.


First floor. Just cheap wood, mind you, since parquet would cover it anyway.


Doors are in. I will replace those with real terrace doors when I've got the time.


Putting the roof on. You remember, right, me wrecking my feet on the ladder. *sigh*


First time "Inside".


The opening to the small bathroom, and the floor already in. Isn't it gorgeous?


A small thing inbetween: working on the bed. I loved the design, but it took some figuring to get it up to the specifications necessary for Sally.


Adding the bathroom.


Bathroom finished. It's somewhat bigger than my own, since she'll need help at some point.


Furniture in, bed made up. She loves it.


Again, but from a different angle.


All set, and cute with colors and everything. Yay!


The back, where the big fridge will be, along with tenant's and grandpa's washing machine. The three of them will share.


And last one, from the side, with Sitabah at the bottom. She refused to move out of the shot. *sigh*


Well, that's it. I'll see if I can bring y'all up to date properly on Friday, but you just might need to resign in the fact that you might never know all the titillating things that happened the past two days. *snort*
I'm out

No comments: