Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The '20s

Song of the day: “Explosions” by Ellie Goulding. Still cool, but I do admit to liking something new in my head by now. *sigh* I gotta say that with the way songs are always in my head (I had Gene Kelly’s Good Morning in my head yesterday) life could very well be a musical. I’ll be singing something at least eight times a day. Not to mention that I’ll two-step this way, shake my booty that way, and on the overall don’t stand still for a full minute. Hah.

First off, let’s talk tenant. Caregiver had to take her to her urologist appointment yesterday, at which point it was decided that she was going to have to stay at the hospital because her urine tube has gotten dislodged in her kidney, so they have to fix that. Luckily she doesn’t mind all that much. In fact, she kinda likes it there, and appears to be in good spirits. Phew. Luckily. We have no idea how that is going to go now, whether she’s over there for an extended stay, or if she’ll be back soon. We’re hoping on the latter, because her family is due to arrive on Saturday/Sunday, and it would be a pity if she has to meet them after a year while lying in a hospital bed.

Then of course, Sally has been feeling awful ever since her last appointment with her local doctor, and it got so bad today that caregiver took her along to the hospital while she went there to check on tenant. Again, several hours in the ER, only to hear that all was well and that she could just take some painkillers. Double phew.

Bad news. Alexander, mom’s Cocker Spaniel has been feeling poorly and has been diagnosed with Hepatitis. Poor puppy. He’s still very young, though, and it is a finite problem that should heal within 6 months at least, according to Wikipedia.

But okay, let’s get to the normal stuff. Chores and such had to be done, of course. What do you think? Should I elaborate on my hanging the laundry just so? Would that be okay? I could, you know. Hmmm. Well, okay…I won’t. Hah.

Had to go to town yesterday to get a few bare necessities, and found a bathing suit for five bucks. Wow. That’s absolutely awesome. I haven’t been able to find a proper (the legs not cut out up to my armpits, a cleavage not down to my navel, and not an open back, thank you very much) suit perfect for the purpose of swimming. Yay. In the future, when we go to Funny Beach Marbella, I’ll be able to take it along and go for a swim. That is going to be absolutely awesome in summer.

Planted three small citrus trees…well, transferred them into bigger pots, and put them beside Sally’s place. Looks absolutely adorable. In particular with the planter across from it, filled with berry bushes and strawberry plants.

Did some work on the kitchen. Settled on the beams for the roof, and sorted out the boarding that is going to make up the ceiling. We’ll have enough, so it’s not going to be a problem. Now all we need to do before we put it in, is put a primer on the boarding and then paint them in a nice color. Same goes for the beams, which grandpa sanded and varnished today. Yay.

Editing has been going slow lately, our focus a little scattered, I’m thinking. What with everything going on, that is not all that strange, I think. Still, we’re well past half, only twenty pages or so away from the end. Of course this is only the first edit, we still have at least two of ‘m to do before we can send it back to the publisher, but that’s okay. I don’t mind. I’m seeing a lot of the ‘20s by revisiting Kit and Nick, and it’s fun. Who’s have thought that I’d ever get to expand on it, huh? If it turns out that the publisher doesn’t want it after all, I just might consider turning it into a full length at some point. It’s good.

Today. Well, it’s Wednesday, so that means Spanish lessons. First, though, I was alone this morning. Big brother and grandpa had to go to the village to get old bread for the dogs, Cousin Ed had to fix a fiasco with spare keys that were made wrong in town, Sally was in bed feeling miserable, and tenant was at the hospital, of course. So I did laundry, fed the dogs, and then rushed through breakfast while going over my “homework”. Then Sally turned out to be in genuine pain, which had me talk with her for some time about her medication and how she was unable to keep track of it all, and how we could find a solution We did find one, since grandpa is willing to pitch in, but it did mean that big brother and I were once again late to Spanish lesson.

It did go well, though. Went over homework of the past three weeks, practiced some new stuff, and got new homework for next week, so, yay. Had to drive through to pick up a donation. Books, baby. Loads and loads of books…but regretfully they’re mostly about politics, philosophy and economics. *sigh* Can’t have everything, can you? Did find a few nice ones about psychology and grammar.

Supper involved broccoli soup, because we had two bags of the stuff in the fridge, rapidly turning bad. Worked out well, in particular with the fresh bread that we had for it.
Well, that’s it for now. I’m all out of words…well, not really, but you get my drift, dontcha. Hah. Gotta go.

No comments: