Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Road trip

Song of the day: “Sympathy for the Devil” by Guns and Roses.

Well, two more days gone, stuff got done, and well, let’s see what I remember of it, eh?

Today was partly all about a trip. Tenant’s family was over, and we ended up going up into the Sierra de las nieves on a nice road trip on a day that turned out to be nice and sunny (the morning was cloud covered). Quickly did some cleaning in the car, because it was an embarrassing mess. Not that I went through it with a wipe, or anything, but I got the litter out, broom the floor, put the seats in place, and actually yanked out the seatbelts. Then there was some debate, considering grandchild wasn’t there today and that she would really want to go, so we altered the main plan and decided to go the opposite direction. The Sierras. It was an adventure, packed into the car with six people, but it was also absolutely beautiful up there. Flowers everywhere, the grass green, the trees filled with fresh leaves. Gorgeous. Trekked through the mountains on sandy roads, scaled the mountain face, went into an old little village, the street turning out to be so narrow that I had to drive backwards quite a distance before I could finally turn the Land Rover around. It was a nice trip, and since both tenant and Cousin Ed both came along, it was nice all round.

Edits went well, we finished the second one, partly due to the fact that we didn’t need to read most of the older stuff. Big brother is going to print it tomorrow, so we can start on the paper edit. That way we’ll be able to see how it really reads, check for inconsistencies, find those typos that you won’t find otherwise.

We worked some more on the kitchen, yay! The last bit that we needed to heighten on the floor, the spot where the future cooking stove will be. One of these days, probably tomorrow, I’ll be starting on tiling stuff. Heck, what with summer coming, I’m not even in a hurry with the roof. Hah. Who knows, I might decide to postpone it until the end of summer. But anyway, it will be fun to start on the tiles. Soon I’m going to have to see what type of mosaic I’m going to do. I want it playful, pretty and easy to clean, so…well, I’ll have to see once I get started.

Ticks are driving me completely bonkers again. Seriously, I’m taking an average of thirty off every dog I pet. Tick bath. Fast…or at least ASAP. Gawd. I need to find a free hour somewhere.
Added to that is the pool. Yep. As soon as the temps are up and the basin is a little emptier, we’re going to drain the winter water, clean the lot and prepare for swimming. Yay.

Cooking involved French bread cut in two, covered with tomato sauce, veggies and cheese and grilled them. Yummy. Today, on the other hand was mac&cheese because nobody felt like really cooking.

There were the normal chores, which I’ll skip again.
Knight II and Empera were at the vet’s again. Only to be checked this time. Empera didn’t lose weight again, and Knight’s stitches were okay…I just have to be very careful that he stays off them because if he opens them up we’ll be paddling up shaite creek, I tell ya.

Then of course I got a near heart attack when I asked for the out-standing bill. Yowsa. I knew it would be high, but seriously 1500 bucks? *faints* I know that 400 of those are of Knight, but 1500???! Gawd. Two months ago we were just barely under 800, and we paid it all, for crying out loud. Is it some sort of viral thing that is making all our dogs ill at the same time? Grrrrr

Wish I had time for some serious workouts, which might help my stress levels a little, but alas. All I am managing are some sit-ups in the evening before I go to bed. Not a lot, but at least it’s something. I want to jog. I want to kick box…and I will, someday soon.

Today we worked some more on stuff for the kitchen. Since the woodstove is out, we can add another window, meaning we have to put that together. Gathered the necessities today, sawed off excess length and sorted through storage in search of materials for a frame. Haven’t found the latter yet, but managed the first at least.
Ate my portion of meat today. It was hard, in particular since I tried something new (bread under the meat and then satay over it) but I managed it. The goal is that I can, at some point, eat it without smothering it in sauce, but from the way it’s going, that’s still a ways off. *sigh*

I’m going to leave it at this. There was more stuff, but I need to get to bed now. I’m absofrigginlutely exhausted for some peculiar reason. Maybe I should have gone to bed earlier last night, huh?
Hah.

No comments: