Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

A little bit of Advertising.

Song of the day: “Don’t worry, be happy” By Bobby McFerrin. It has been my mantra since yesterday and it has been helping. Hah.

First of, Tenant. Nothing too serious, relatively speaking that is, but yesterday she was admitted into hospital once more, because she suddenly developed a fever and started vomiting. She spent the night and it turns out a new kidney stone is blocking her kidney again. She’s going to have to stay a few days so they can put a tube directly in her kidney, like before. For a change she wasn’t thrilled to go to hospital, and I think it was because lately she’d been doing much better, and even improving a little. I do hope that this is not going to set her back a lot again. *sigh*

Another bit of bad news is the Land Rover. Apparently the “steering box” sprung some sort of leak, meaning we’re going to have to get that fixed before the MOT next month. Grrr. Worst case scenario we’ll be without the car for four to five days, or pay 800 bucks for a new box. Guess we’ll be without the car then. *sigh* Got an appointment in two weeks. Must not forget to jot that down.

Next week the vet will be here for the morning to vaccinate the dogs, which is obligatory, of course. I always get frustrated when I think about all the things that are obligatory, for which you are also obliged to pay. I don’t get who thought of that sneaky way to earn money, but whoever did, is one mean son of a gun. In fact, that person should be shot. In fact, if something is obligatory by law, it should be completely free. That’s what taxes are for, right?

But anyway…I might get my first official photo session some day soon. A friend of our Spanish teacher apparently loves being photographed, and considering she’s pretty (according to our teacher) she might be willing to pose for me in exchange for some nice photos. Should be a fascinating experience.

Which reminds me, I promised our teacher María that I would mention her here for all you expats here in Spain who want to learn Spanish but are just not getting anywhere the regular way. She will work with groups, or one on one, your choice, and you can go to her, agree on a meeting place, or she will come to your place. Maria has a new special method of “learning in conversation” while having fun in a relaxed atmosphere…something to which I will attest, of course. I like it. It’s not just learning words, grammar and such, but it’s also a way of getting to know another person, see what their interests are. Basically interacting while learning Spanish at the same time.

Phone MARÍA RAMOS at 679 94 20 54



Give her a ring some time if you want to learn Spanish, I did. Hah.

Okay, enough advertising. Where was I?

Oh yeah, I managed to get some stuff done in the kitchen. Raised the last bit of the front wall to the final height, which wasn’t as easy as it should have been, but worked out, thankfully. Worked with red bricks and concrete, so the next time round we can start putting in the window there too.

There was the yard to look after, naturally. Got a bit of harvest in, some herbs for supper and all that. Oh, and I managed to write to my pen pall abroad. Took me forever to get around to it, seeing how insane everything has been lately. *sigh* But got him updated on the events. I do hope he's doing alright.

Knight II had the last of his stitches removed, despite the fact that there was still a bit of inflammation going. Problem with the Knight is that he has allergic reactions to his stitches, so in order to find out what’s causing the inflammation, the vet had to remove them. Now I have to squeeze out his ear twice a day, the poor darling.

The weather is still absolutely wonky. Temps are staying mid-seventies up here in the mountains, while normally the temps would be up to high nineties this time of year. Very strange, I’ve been wearing sweaters, for crying out loud. I mean seriously, there are clouds, and last night it even looked like it was going to rain for a bit…it didn’t (darn it) but it looked like it was going to.

Practiced Spanish of course, so I had plenty of sentences today…which turned out to be unnecessary because we got to talking about life in general, like usual. Hah. Ah well, it’ll just mean that next week we’ll just have more phrases to go over.

Dog food yesterday involved feeding them dry bread. Seriously, there’s a bunch of them that act as though we’re feeding them raw meat. Three to four pieces will get caught into mid-air and then carried off to be eaten at a leisured pace. It’s hysterical. Chaos ate so much, in fact, that he puked half of it out afterward. Hah. Silly Chaos. This morning it was back to normal food, which the picky eaters enjoyed more than usual.

Got some more photography done, including the rather becoming picture of María up there. I like it. I’m getting a diverse selection, and am curious where I will be able to take this thing in the future. It is nice to notice that I can still snap that shot I see in my head, and make it look the way I intended. Just keep an eye out for Samaya’s View and see if you can enjoy those shots as much as I do.

Writing has been an off and on thing. Did some, but mostly edited the stuff that big brother already went through. It allows me to really look into what I already wrote, so there won’t be too many repetitions we’ll have to remove in the future. I still like the characters, despite the fact that they have their faults.

Well, that’s it for me. Did the blog early for a change, since I really would like to get some writing done tonight. Okay. Better get started.

No comments: