Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Fragmented dreams: Messy.

I am breathless when I wake about four hours after I went to sleep. I can’t explain why, especially not articulate it, but the dream, of which the details started slipping from my mind the moment of awakening was so intense that I had to breathe in harshly upon opening my eyes. Disjointed images flash through my mind, confusing me as I drag the Monster Boxer on the bed and take her in a headlock that has her snoring in my ear, less than five minutes later.

I wish I could remember it, ‘cause it is one of those dreams that I just know will give me that Deja vu feeling some day, which will drive me bonkers at some point in the future.
Lots of jumbled fragments of other dreams followed, too, but due to the nature of the mess they in fact were, none of them managed to stick.

It was a tad frustrating, I’ll admit, but luckily it didn’t affect my mood when I got up to let the noisy dogs out of the cabin and start on the morning rituals.

No laundry today, but a workout session awaits by the time I get to the house and grumpily debate with myself until I change into workout clothes and get to it. As usual, once started–even though every muscle burns–I manage to get “into” the exercise and end up doing it ten minutes longer than I’d intended.

Two hours after waking I’m finally done, hit the showers and then have a quick, light breakfast before heading for the table to set up my computer. I’ll only have a little time today, what with lessons looming later on, but I do manage to edit a few pages and get a new one written down.

Time’s up and I hurry through changing clothes and heading for the car so we can depart on our biweekly trip to town.
Since the Scandinavian shopping center just down the mountain, closes early, we stop there first for some herbal medicine, and then head for school.

The street is finally remodeled fully, so we get dropped off at the door and head straight for the computer area. For the next hour and a half we go through the tests, and manage only nine times thirty this time. But still, we passed them all with just a few errors. I’m thinking maybe two more weeks before we can give our exams a try.

Afterwards, we stop to bring the DVDs back to the rental store and leave with Liam Neeson’s “Taken” and “Wall-E” to last us through the weekend. I also hurry into the large supermarket behind it…this is a European one, and very expensive…in hopes of finding some peach tea for little sister. Regretfully, just like all the other stores they no longer carry it, which is rather disappointing. She does love it.

Next we hurry through our regular supermarket to buy a few things that will see us through the weekend and then head home.

After the usual exuberant greeting of my pack and Knight II’s bruising “love”, things finally calm down enough to make myself a quick dinner of fries and a salad before we settle down to watch “Taken”.

I’m rather pleased with this particular movie. I hadn’t expected to, but it was very well done. Good action, excellent acting and a rather disturbing–and awfully realistic–view on, what we like to describe as, the civilized world. It’s scary, I’ll admit, but it does point out that traveling without the safety of numbers is really not a smart thing to do.

I always knew that. It doesn’t matter how many wonderful people walk around, there’s always a rotten apple lurking on the sidelines, ready to pounce. It doesn’t mean that one can’t enjoy the freedom of discovery. It just means that caution is really a smart thing to employ, and that letting your guard down because you “think” you’re in a safe place is not a good choice to make.

After the movie, I spend some time messing around with the camera on big brother Mac, and end up with a few nice shots of myself and some dogs alike, hah. I’ll need to post them on Myspace at some point. The one of Knight II and I together does display his size rather well.

By the time I finish experimenting, it’s time to take the dogs up, get a forty-pound bag of dog food from the carport so I can feed the dog and do some reading on one of the books I’m reviewing.

Not much to write today, I regret to say. No matter though, not every day can be a fun ride in a theme park, even though I wish it were.

No comments: