Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Bad weather all 'round.

Turmoil dreams this night, along with waking up lots of times, mostly due to a banging headache that makes me get up to walk it off a bit before I can lie back down, careful not to lie on the bandage taped to the back of my head.
The banging is not so much painful as it is annoying; still, it has a serious overtone in my sub consciousness, and dreams which now all lay in my memory with the sound of drums on the background. Hah.

I dreamed of Meryl Streep, of all people. Seeing as I’m not a particular fan of her work, even though she has some nice enough movies, her presence in my dream surprised me somewhat. Heck, I don’t know why on earth I would dream of her, but for no particular reason that I can think of the image stands out very clearly in my head.

In the dream she was in some sort of talk show, chatting with the hostess about…I don’t know, that part is vague. I do remember a circular kind of studio with bright, overly flattering lights. Sort of cozy; a white couch, blue armchairs, a big bookcase behind Streep and the hostess, and some sort of flowery ornament on the small light wooded table between them. It was odd.

About three minutes before my alarm is supposed to ring, the phone wakes me up, forcing me to roll to the other side of the bed, over Chaos who’s peacefully splayed there, and grab the offensive device for a croaky, “Yeah.”
In all honesty the conversation hardly registers and by the time it is over, I lay there staring at the ceiling, trying to force myself to wake up.

Wincing, when I flop back on my own pillow–I’ve forgotten about the bandage–I am quickly reminded of why this was such an interrupted night and growl a bit as I get up to let the dogs out of the cabin.

Getting around this morning is somewhat strenuous, and I take longer than usual with the morning rituals before I get dressed and head outside. Though when I went to bed the sky was clear, clouds have once again returned, announcing that another rainstorm’s well underway, as I make my way down to the courtyard.

I deposit my bag on the kitchen counter and return outside to get the laundry down before the last few days’ drying is undone by the swiftly turning weather. With the solicitous help from grandpa, we get it all inside fast, leaving me outside in the ever-increasing chill to hang three new piles on the heavily burdened lines.

That done, and with my fingers cold down to the bone, I head inside to put on coffee and have a quick breakfast. I start to wonder if perhaps the bump on my head has been the cause of my frequent nausea for the past year or so, for ever since the doc cut it open the nausea has been persisting, even causing a bit of dizziness. It certainly is an interesting thought, considering the fact that the doc was pretty confident that he removed everything, so that would mean that perhaps, while the cut heals, I’ll be rid of the nausea for good.

It persists throughout the day, however, and makes it hard for me to focus on my messages, while big brother starts on preparing our new mailbox for hanging by the road. In the end he postpones it so we can get to work on the editing session. It passes somewhat strenuously for me, my attention span scattering all over the place, allowing for only a few chapters.

When it’s time to feed the dogs, and in effect ourselves, we put the computers away, so I can head for the kitchen to start on dinner.
Since I certainly don’t feel up to an elaborate meal, I make a salad while big brother bakes fries, which will have to do for today.

Afterwards we watch the last DVD we rented the day before yesterday. “Linewatch” with Cuba Gooding Jr. I am surprised that I liked it, what with all the recent rental fiascos, but it’s good, interesting, and well played. It also made sense and the characters were excellently portrayed. I enjoyed the watch, that’s a fact.

By this time the bandage on my head’s pulling at my skin, seriously annoying me, and upon finding that I can’t remove the gauze, because it’s stuck to the cut, I head for the shower–at big brother’s brilliant suggestion–so I can soak it off. It takes a while but in the end it comes off, leaving me a tad dizzy and even more nauseous than before. What is up with that?

Since I did so very little today, I distract myself by painting the laundry closet one last time, along with the shelves that still need to be placed on top of the storage cabinet……..
(Yowza! The power just went down, and thunder is making my cabin shudder. That was a hard one. I hope I can still post all this before the battery goes down.)

Where was I, ah yes, the painting. That done, I lounge in front of the TV for a recorded episode of “Prison Break” and then prepare to take the dogs up to the cabin for their nightly feeding.

(The power goes back on. Ah.)

Though it isn’t raining when I head up the path, a small river of water is streaming down, making walking in the dark a tricky thing, and about five minutes after I get inside it starts pouring again.

(Another clash of thunder and power outage…and it goes back on. Man this is a big storm…Again!)

I’m certainly ready to call the day over and done with.

No comments: