Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

PASSED!!!!!!!!

I’m at least twelve hours late with today’s Blog. I know, it’s dreadful of me, but I needed to get to bed really, really early in order to make it to the exams in time. The exams were the reason why I didn’t have time to write yesterday, so we’ll start with a short sum-up of what happened yesterday.

Very little happened, I’ll tell you that much. Hah.
It was all about the lesson (five friggin hours again, aargh) and the delicious pizza little brother prepared just for the occasion. It worked perfectly too. On my insistence he used real yeast, which certainly made all the difference.

Let’s just say I ate way too much–on purpose, of course–and was seriously stuffed, even when it was time to go to bed. Hah.
I read for a bit, just for relaxation, and then went to bed without my usual ritual of doing the day’s Blog first. That did feel a little weird. In the past 150 days or so, I’ve gotten used to writing it in the evening. Sort of like at the movies; “And…that’s a cut!” but then for my day. I kept having a feeling that I was forgetting something huge.

Ah well, it was worth it, I guess. Though I was only in half-sleep until dawn–the exam day already whirling through my head, constantly and without pause–I did drop off for three solid hours, leaving me feeling semi-revived when it was time to get up and get ready to depart.

First thing’s first, however: The moment my alarm shrieks, I sit up immediately, blinking owlishly at the dogs and trying hard to sort through my brain until recollection of the reason why the alarm is going off surfaces.

I groan, roll out of bed and hurry to the door to let the confused looking pack out the door. They hesitate for only a moment and then storm out into the early morning, dashing into the yard at their usual speed.

Shaking my head at their noisy antics, I head back inside to wash…with cold water, mind you, ugh…get dressed in house clothes and then go down to bring the dogs to the courtyard.

I meet up with big brother in the kitchen, constantly exchanging reminders of stuff we need to remember for the exams, chewing on a slice of bread and slurping down strong coffee.

Within record time we’re both heading up to the car and pulling out of the gate to head to town. Seeing as our instructor has a tendency to be late, we really don’t need to hurry. When we arrive at the school and see that he isn’t there, we have a moment to relax and wait in the car until he’s there.

Fifteen minutes later he comes tearing around the corner and soon we are on our way. The practice run goes smoothly and without error, and since I’m first, as soon as the exam guy arrives we’re on our way. Within fifteen minutes my turn is over and I get to pull into a stop, feeling more than a little relieved that I’m done, no matter the end-result.

Big brother and I exchange places and for the next fifteen minutes he tries his luck. By the time we’re done, we are send away while our instructor discusses the exam with the man “of power” giving us five minutes of worry.

When the two men get out, our instructor is smiling and declares that even though big brother would have failed with another instructor, we both got a “passed” and are finally utterly done with the chore of sacrificing and average of fifteen hours a week. Yay.

WE PASSED!

Our theory exam teacher is thrilled, bouncing about and cheering…what can I say, she’s enthusiastic…and then looking proudly at the form that says, “passed” before carefully filing it away. With a final payment of sixty bucks and a handshake we say goodbye and leave the school for the very last time. Yay!

I call home as soon as we’re done, of course, receiving an immediate “congratulations!” from grandpa…who shares a lot of the credit, since he is the one responsible for us learning to “drive” in the first place. Through that we managed to get our exams with only eight hours each with a professional instructor at our side, rather than the required fifteen.

I’m so friggin’ relieved I still find myself releasing a sigh of relief, every hour, or so. Which brings this Blog to a conclusion.
I’ll write about the rest of the day tonight…I hope.

No comments: