Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Post exams...and gardening.

Well, where was I this afternoon? Oh yes, now I remember. We got home and for hours yet I feel this tremor of relief go through me. Time and time again I remember that we passed the exams and this very thought releases the tension culminating these past few weeks, one strenuous nerve at the time.
We don’t have to return to the lessons, ever again. Gawd, that deserves applause all by itself. Hah.

It wasn’t all bad, mind you, just time consuming, and I hate that, especially when it is kind of superfluous. I’m so glad it’s over, now maybe I’ll feel a little less like I’m stretched to thin, keeping track of everything.

Though I would have liked to possess the stamina to get to the edits immediately, I really can’t put myself to it by the time the sibs have arrived and we pulled a mean April’s fool prank on them that that we hadn’t made the exams. Luckily for them I’m horrid at such things, so they are forced to endure the disappointment for little more than a couple of seconds.

It is rather a funny tale to tell the sibs. The way the exams went and how our instructor drove to and from Málaga before and after “the event” like a madman. It’s what I like to call irony: Here he’s breaking pretty much every rule in the book, while explaining to us the few things we have to practice once we’ve got that piece of paper we need to be free to do what we want. Watching him drive I can finally understand why cab drivers are considered a hazard. He is definitely a cab driver by heart. Hah.

Relief is present most of the day, and once I’ve done a relaxing round online it is time to head on out into the yard and resume the project. For the next few hours we haul mud, reed and vines in the last patch under the house that hasn’t been seen to in the past few weeks.

It is strange, but considering we took out time with the lessons, it will be a peculiar sensation to be without further “obligation” to go to town for our instructions. It has been a part of our lives for almost six months and in a twisted sort of way there will be a certain sense of missing it…if that makes any sense at all?

But anyways, for several hours we work in the yard, clearing several paths through the twelve feet high reed, and removing several trees that didn’t survive the last summer. At the end of today’s task, we’re all exhausted, both physically and mentally. Together we all head back to the house to eat yesterday’s pizza leftovers, finding the meal as mouth watering as before…though the portions are a little on the small side, all things considered.

After dinner the energy levels rapidly drop all round, and even though I manage a patch job on another set of PJs that suffered through a long winter, by the end of it I’m barely able to settle in front of the TV and focus on the show playing.

I don’t get it. It almost seems as if my brain is still set in the mode of failure…like the preparation for it makes it almost impossible for me to shift it in the one of relief of success. My head continues to want to go over the few errors I made, like I have to make another attempt to do it right the next time. That’s an over achiever for ya, I guess. Hah.

But anyways, well before midnight I give up the battle against fatigue and head on up to my cabin, where promptly my stomach decides that the tension of the past few days was too much and rids itself of the remainder of food that’s still in there. Stupid stomach. Like my brain, it doesn’t appear to realize that it’s all over now.

So, that was today’s official Blog. The “And…that’s a cut!” ritual over and done with, leaving me to move on to the hopefully long night of relaxing sleep ahead.
I’ll keep my fingers crossed, and see what tomorrow brings.

No comments: