Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Zzzzzzzzzz

Gawd, I’m so friggin’ exhausted, I can hardly think. Let’s go over this fast, shall we?

Lots got done today. I managed to write three pages of a scene…finishing it at last…then edited at least four pages of the manuscript (the work in progress, if you will) because, let’s face it, the story needs to get done so I can start sending it out to agents and publishers. Enough dallying already! I want it over with so I can write again.

It goes well enough, I guess, even with all the distractions going on during this particular morning when big brother and grandpa headed out to get more sand for cement. I get most of the actual writing done while they’re out.

Then, six hours after waking up, I put the computer away to head out to the wall so I can start hauling rocks for today’s session. We’re going to need lots of big ones, considering the wall needs to be as strong like the first one. Also, mid-sized ones to lift up high (you really don’t want to do the heavy ones higher than chest level) and small ones to fill up the gaps. Basically, every size available needs to be hauled. Hah.

Little sister and I…she joined me after about fifteen minutes…have moved at least half a ton of rocks so they’re accessible while we’re building when everyone finally arrives.
Building start about an hour later once middle sister has mixed the cement. With little brother supplying buckets of the mix to us, we begin the puzzling once more.

We add quite a bit to the wall today. The middle section is only two feet away from completion…with the rest rapidly following. Also, the second to last missing section is added, connecting the wall to the tower. Yay.

Around sundown we call it a day, and every muscle in my body is literally screaming. Hah. As promised grandpa baked potatoes, but in order to get our dose of veggies I still need to throw a batch of zucchini disks (grandpa gratefully cut everything while we were busy) in the oven. I sprinkle some herbs and spices over the top, add some cheese and let it bake while I head for the shower.

We have dinner, which was good and more than a little necessary, watch “CSI” and “Bones” while removing more ticks of the dogs.
For the last portion of the evening big brother and we do another edit…only a page and a half this time…make some more improvements to another project we’re working on, and then it is finally time to head on up to my cabin.

Gawd, I need some Sleep with a capital S. This was a horrid blog. Hah.

No comments: