Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Friday, July 3, 2009

Sticky and hot...Hmmmm.

Song of the day: “Poison Prince” by Amy McDonald. Strange how the chorus keeps going through my brain…due to the fact that I don’t actually know the rest of it, hah.

Well, today was a scorcher that’s a fact, even now the temperature is 30 degrees and it’s…oppressive to say the least. There’s not a single breeze outside, the fan’s air is maybe one degree cooler and I really should take a dip in the pool, but I’m feeling to lazy to make the effort.

Let’s see what happened today. There was a disastrous edit - only three pages - partly due to the heat, which was messing up my “cool” (pardon the pun, but it suited) and allowed only three pages during two sessions, both in the morning and evening.

Though, admittedly the morning session was mostly blamed on the fact that we spend a couple of hours on Google Earth to find the location in which the scene starts. Seeing as this part of the story is set in Miami, we want to get a general area down at the very least…and ended up finding the exact scene I described in Bal Harbour. Now what are the chances of that, I ask you? It stunned me, really. There I was staring at a 360 picture of a place I had, until that moment, only seen in my head. Hah.

Once the morning session came to an end we headed out in the blistering sun, so we could take supplies and tools down to the small apartment of our tenant’s caretaker. She’s been having some trouble getting to her place during the night, what with the path being so steep and uneven, that we decided to head over there and build a proper stairs for her.

Even the dogs are hot when we start. While we were working in the full sun, they were all crowding together in the shade of the large mimosa and some eucalypti, desperately keeping every single part of them in the relative cool, while keeping a wary eye on our progress. I think this is the first time ever that we weren’t working with at least a dozen dogs milling around our feet. But they were smart! Very smart, ‘cause it was pretty darn HOT. Heck, Knight II didn’t even look at my balefully when I led him into the pool. I think he was actually relieved.

Oh My God. The first thirty minutes weren’t all that bad since I kept the pace low, but then as the sun started to go down pounding on us at an angle; it became more than a little uncomfortable. The heat was so severe that the pouring perspiration dried up as soon as it sheened. Yikes. Talk about tight skin afterwards…but anyway, the ten steps or so got chopped out, laid and set in clay and cement, so now passage should be very easy.

Sundown was still two hours away when we were done, and gratefully headed for the pool to have a good soaking. Seriously, the tepid water felt cold on my head. Hah. No sunstroke, though, so that’s a good thing.

Dinner mom made got consumed record time, laundry hung and folded, and by the time we decided to attempt the last disastrous edit session the atmosphere didn’t give a single indication of cooling down any time soon.

It’s a good thing I’ve been looking forward to summer all winter, ‘cause otherwise I’d seriously be freaking out right now. Hah.

No comments: