Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Cross-eyed...a little anyway.

Song of the day: “Calling Heaven” by the Kelly family. Weird why that one popped into my head, considering it was from the late nineties, but then, who can find thought or rhyme in the way the friggin’ brain works. Luckily this rather sad song was yesterday, today it was, “It wasn’t me” by Shaggy. Fun song that cracks me up every time.

Okay then, let’s get this over with, then. I write things down, whoever’s reading this will breeze through it, and then we can both continue on with our lives. Hah.

Yesterday mostly involved getting into the swing of “Calamity’s Luck”, which will basically be a romantic comedy. I manage to read about twenty pages of the fifty that I wrote more than three years ago. The story is still good, but we’re going to need to do a lot of editing in the next few days, before I can start on writing new material. I had fully intended on just reading through the lot and get started while big brother started on the edit, but while reading, I got so many ideas for changes I wanted to make (this was today) that we just got started.

Once my brain started to turn to mush, we got out the big board, we’d set it aside for this very purpose, so we could start writing out the plot-line, characters, events that have already occurred and ideas that I want to add. This is the first time that I’ll be working with a planning board, so we’ll have to see how it ‘ll work.

So let’s get to the activities of the past two days: Oh yeah, I’m finally putting together a new wardrobe closet, ‘cause let’s face it, the old one was literally falling apart, aaaargh. It took a bit of work, taking out a section (because the closet in question was three inches too high for my cabin) and then putting the bottom back on. It worked out brilliantly, by the way; you can’t even see it. The closet, now standing in my bedroom, is wood with glass, not too deep, and slightly wider than the old one…the only bad thing, that tonight, after a full day with me being more than a little tired, I still have to put the clothes in.

Also, the little drawer cabinet I was making, worked out, and is now standing in my cabin, yay. There was some scrambling there at the end, when it became clear that due to the painting of all walls, the drawers were a little too big. Had to make some adjustments by widening the cabinet by half a centimeter, so now it’s good, hah.

There was glass cutting, carpentry, and lots of planning involved since yesterday, and of course two full runs that work like a charm on getting me completely worn out of the evening. Nothing works better than being cross-eyed at the end of the evening to help you fall asleep within three seconds of hitting the pillow.

Lots of wind blowing the past few days. Really strong storms that make me a little disoriented at times, if for no other reason than that it’s making so much noise. The dogs get a little freaky because of it too, looking like their eyes are going every which way from sheer nervousness. Strange. Luckily the winds should stop next month or so…or at least that’s what happened the last few years. We’ll just have to wait and see, I guess.

Well, I’m gonna stop now, considering I still need to do that darn closet. Hah.

No comments: