Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Can't shake it...for now.

Song of the day: “A kiss from the rose” by Seal. Oh my gawd, it has been ages since I last heard this one, let alone sung it. Still, a gorgeous song, most definitely.

I am a tad distracted today, I can’t say why, and for some reason I can’t shake it either. It is most frustrating. Everything seems to be going slow, and yet fast, and there is a weirdness about everything that has me a teeny bit uncomfortable, for some peculiar reason.

Well, be that as it may, the weather these last couple of days is making me crabby, to say it mildly. The temperatures are low, the air is moist and my limbs feel as if I haven’t been warm in months, instead of days. Seriously, I’m contemplating about moving to the equator, or something, ‘cause this is downright awful. I have definitely acclimated to Spain too well, ‘cause anything below ten degrees feels horrid.

Yesterday was most certainly a work-inside day, and we treated it as such. We tucked tools and supplies into the toolbox, hauled it down with the suitcase filled with screws and then dragged the start of what will be the third glass and wood wall inside the house. What with the low temperatures this winter, and the way time is going way too fast, we decided we might as well start with it today, and finished enough of the main frame to set it in place. It took some effort, as in taking out the old closet and moving it into the corner.

There was some serious cleaning involved there, seeing as it was a mess, but then the frame allowed more light inside, which is always a plus. It looks rather spacious, and that I love.
While big brother was doing the majority of the carpentry (we really work on a “you snooze, you lose” basis and he started first, darn it) I decided to replace the old wind protection flaps of the front door, with new rubber ones. Worked like a charm too, and now it is wait and see if these are going to hold any longer than the others.

Next I hung a small reed basket in the bathroom, which I have been trying to do for weeks now, and just didn’t get around to. The last part of the evening was spent scavenging again, which wasn’t all that fun what with the low temperatures and the icy northern wind. Still we managed to unearth a big load of plants from underneath the massive pile that had been dumped behind the nursery…which was why, after I added another two pages (last night I did three, by the way) to the manuscript, it was out into the cold again, to plant twenty beautiful little plants. They’re mostly thyme, lemon thyme, and rosemary, of which the first two are excellent against lung problems of any kind.

It would be an excellent thing for our tenant, who is once again developing a nasty cough, and would like to do without chemical medication this time. We’re going to try it out, before going to the doctor, seeing as that is always possible as a last resort. Her exercises went really well too, considering she walked a considerable distance across the old paddock again.

Clue’s wound is doing excellently, stitches should be going out soon. Knight II on the other hand, needs some extra attention, seeing as his swelling is still there and he does have some pain. The stupid eejit won’t let me drain it, however, (he actually bit me in my hand) which means that this is going to go the hard and slow way. Antibiotics are going to be inevitable, I fear.

The last few hours of today were spent getting rocks again. Got two big loads of major rocks that should go a long way with the soon-to-be-built wall around grandpa’s bungalow. We got some pretty big ones, and just ten of those should do well as a foundation alone.

By the time we got back from the second trip, rain started up again, so we quickly unloaded and headed inside for dinner and today’s blog…which brings us to the end again, ‘cause I still need to write some actual book stuff and then I just might be in time to go to bed sometime soon. *sigh* Yes, bed. I could write poems about my bed and how I could seriously contemplate hibernation at this point. Oh my, can you imagine, just skipping the winter and blissfully sleeping through it until spring. Yes, a wonderful fantasy, that. I think I’m going to wallow in it a bid. Hah.

No comments: