Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Just stuff, rain and pics.

Song of the day: “Sweet Goodbyes” by Krezip. Definitely had this one before, maybe even twice. Kind of a nice song.

There have been two days of rain, which was interrupted by a few hours of sunshine at the end of each day. Seriously, if I hadn’t had that bit of sunshine I might have become homicidal…but I’m not, so all is well in my world…sorta anyway.

This is so predictable, but I am once again drawing blanks as to the things that happened in the past couple of days. I know I did one cooking spree, which was a bit of a disappointment because for some inexplicable reason the meal turned out to be tasteless. So annoying that…and the being unable to remember anything remotely interesting, well, that just makes me PO.

But anyway, good news is that I did six pages for the book the day before yesterday, and then another three last night, which brings the manuscript up to 91.500, give or take a few, which means that I am going to have to wrap this up pretty fast. I can only screw around ‘till I hit a 100K and preferably 5000 before that, so I’ll have room left to do changes throughout the upcoming edit.

At the moment I am inserting a scene, one near the end of the story, and trying to get the flow right. Rather interesting to see if the pieces will match…and if not, see if I can alter it in such a way that it’ll fit at least.

Other than that…well, yeah, in the spirit of adventure and trying something new, big brother and I took our tenant down to the main house, so she’d have some company during the day. It was a rather daring enterprise, all things considered. The way down she went in her wheelchair, but the way back, after at least four hours in a comfortable chair, right in the middle of everything going on (we did cleaning and organizing in the house and office) it was exercise time. Twenty-six steps up, and then hopping back in her chair for drive the rest of the way up. She was exhausted, she was more than ready for some peace and quiet, but she was also thrilled. This is the first time in more than a year that she has mounted a stairwell, and that is another milestone in this week. Yay.

We did some weeding in the yard, the dogs are going to have to learn to stay behind the fence, because they literally keep wrecking the fence just to be able to get to us. Thorgal (golden retriever) got bloody, somehow. We think it was caused by Prama, who was being ridiculously pesky today and got a gash in her ear for it. Such a difficult dog Prama, we caught her and her sister attacking Abacara (also a golden) for no conceivable reason, so there was so excitement going on for sure. It might be the rainy days, and the fact that the dogs absolutely hate leaving the house whenever it is wet outside (whiners, I know).

As for projects; I made this cute little cabinet for my bathroom. Just open shelving of beautiful hardwood, and though it took ridiculously little time, I did enjoy doing it. Most of the painting to the glass and wood wall got done, book shelves cleaned, spider webs removed and on the overall, I felt very June Cleaver-ish…with the distinction that I was totally grumpy from the bad weather. Considering the dogs are grumpy, snappish even too, the mood is catching on. Hah.

But anyway, it might be the case that “W.I. Investigations/Shape-Shifter” will be Kindle-ized soon. Yay. We were finally able to go through the entire proceeding last night (we’d been preparing for it for months, after all) and if all goes well--toitoitoi, spit, cross-your fingers and all that--it should be on Kindle by this time tomorrow. Aaaah. Such marvelous fun!…that sounds so snotty, but it is. Hah. Now, if all looks good, and there is no reason it shouldn’t, we should be able to do the other three before April, and that would be totally awesome. By then, A Taste of Life should be all done, the edit over and done with and the first batch of letters in the mail. Ah well, you never know.

And that is it for today, there is much more to do, and I have been waffling things considerably by taking way too long for the blog. No matter, though, time is, still, somewhat free after all. Hah.

I feel a tad guilty about the short post, so lets do some pretty pics here at the end, huh.

Remember the Igloo I'm always mentioning? Well this is it. The neighbors, and probably the entire neighborhood, call it the spaceship. I can't imagine why, hah.







This was a shot of the valley today. More rain coming, definitely.





Yesterday's cloudburst, it was absolutely gorgeous to see.



A clear day last week. That's the type of view I really enjoy, thank you very much.




Same day. *sigh*



That's it. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sam! ;) Sorry to have been out of touch. Love the pictures you posted of the clear days. =P Such gorgeous views! Glad to hear about the Kindle! Congrats. Hope everything runs smoothly with that.