Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Sick as a dog!

Yep, I am. Ain’t it wonderful? Seriously, yesterday morning I woke up feeling achy all over and so darn sleepy I decided to crawl back in bed for another hour. It didn’t help much either, sure I could get up, have breakfast and unload the car (albeit incredibly slow) but by the time I’d done a leisured walkthrough of the yard, I was about ready to fall asleep on my feet.

Decided to do just that inside the old (empty) pool, and pulled out a sun bed. Gawd, it was downright wonderful, lying there in the full blast of the sun, catching some zzzzs for a solid hour while big brother worked one the plants. I felt a tad better afterwards, took some fresh lettuce from the seedbeds and went up to the house to make lunch: Grilled veggies on bread and cheese. Yum.

Was starting to get a wee bit tired by then already but I was determined to do something constructive at least and decided to dismantle and old garden umbrella, so we can use the wood at least. My coordination was a little off, but once done I informed big brother I was going to bed for a bit, rather than risk passing out, hah.

As planned, we did go to the plant nursery and got ourselves the promised raspberries, brambles (or black berries) and kiwis. Since we were there anyway, we got another pear tree, nectarine, peach, plum and a walnut…along with two more grapes. Managed to put in three of them too, before the night fell and it was time to head inside to have dinner and start on the day’s edit.

Began doing the recently finished writing project, and came out pleasantly surprised. The tone is just right, and the amount of editing necessary is minimal and that is rather thrilling I have to admit. Usually a good edit day is six pages at most, but yesterday’s edit made up eleven pages in total, which means that the end is only 304 pages to go, hah.

I felt marginally better by the end of the evening, even though I was of course tired, and went to bed early…it didn’t help much. I woke up about five hours after I went to bed, already feeling my lungs clog up, and when it was finally time to get up, I’d developed a serious cough. Darn it.
I’m definitely aiming for another nap later on, but until that time, I figure I might as well use the dreary day to get some more computer work done. It’s cloudy again, with a hint of rain in the air, so the plants should be happy at least.

No comments: