Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Car stuff, mostly.

Song of the day: “Fidelity” by Regina Specter. It is rather annoying to have going through my head all day, but there you have it.

So yesterday…yep, it involved yard work, of course, sowing, planting and whatnot, but on the most part we worked on the car. Apparently, the night before, after we went out to get three massive MDF boards that we had to transport on top of the roof, we ended up with a flat tire. It looked rather funny coming up the hill seeing the strange slant of the car, right before I saw the utter flatness of the tire. Hah.

It was a little tricky, what with the incline on which it was parked, but after we were done we spent the majority of the morning putting the panelling back in place for the doors, cleaned the floors, etc. etc. All in all we managed cleaning the lot up and made the car look pretty again.

Afterwards it was going into the yard, weeding, watering and all that. Had a nice harvest of chard, red cabbage, and broccoli…the latter of which we lost one to the dogs, I’m thinking. I know I was walking up with two broccolis, but when it was time to eat, only one remained. Bet some lucky little mutt enjoyed himself.

We had to go to the village, to have the tire fixed at the local neumatico. Took the guy only fifteen minutes to get the job done, and big brother and I killed time, looking at the huge selection of tires and the almost livesize calendars of naked or practically naked girls. Yikes. I doubt they actually had them hanging for the fun of it. It seemed like they did it for traditional reasons, almost. Hah.

But anyways, afterwards we headed over to the local hardware store to get the supply of tubing that we ordered last week. Soon we’ll start putting it up, on top of the roof, so we won’t need to use the boiler during the summer, and thus save money for the next ten years or so.

Of course the tubing didn’t fit into the car, so we had to put it on the roof, tie it up and then head back home so we could put the fixed tire back on the car before the sun actually set. Managed it just barely, but the car was ready for today…the younger sibs have decided that they want to try for going to the market and selling their old toys and mom’s quilts and such. They seem determined so it is pretty much a done deal. Glad to see that they want to contribute.

While they (and mom) were checking out the market, I headed into town to get a few groceries, we don’t want to do the big one until ten days from now, so some necessities were required. Since I had enough time, I could also go to the big hardware store for a garden hose and fuel up the car right before little sister called asking me to come pick them up where I dropped them off.

I was pretty darn happy to be back home afterwards, I’ll tell you. I greeted my dogs, helped tenant down to my terrace where she could sit in the sun and shade at the same time. Then I went down into the yard, Knight II going ecstatic around me, to join big brother in watering the plants and pulling out more weeds.

At the moment we’ve got iceberg coming out of our noses, seriously, it is doing really well and considering we had to harvest it (again) today’s meal consisted out of grilled sandwiches with cheese, peppers, iceberg (lots of it), tomatoes, onions, zucchini, and loads of yogurt sauce. It was delicious…and now, well, this is the end of my recount, considering I really would like to get another batch of rocks tonight, and then some edits, since the past couple of days were abysmal when it involved getting some serious work done on the book.

Which reminds me, I did get around to sending out the new letter to an agent. I gotta admit that I am very curious as to what the response to the letter will be, seeing as it is definitely different from the last one. The “good one”, that’s what I call it anyway, considering I got three publishers interested in seeing more of “Saving Nina”. Okay, so it wasn’t the “yes” I was hoping for, but the response was more than I’ve had in the past ten years. Ah well, we’ll see, I guess.

Well, I’ve got to get going…

No comments: