Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

I'm cheating. :-)

So, considering that the past couple of days basically involved re-grouting the pool, I'm going to save you the descriptions of pruny hands, scraped and bruised knees, cold skin, achy backs and an upper bodies severely sunburned, and get right down the to the fun stuff. Pictures! (Isn't cheating just marvelous?)
As to the other stuff, there were hauling trips, edits and taking care of the dogs, of course, but who cares, I'll shut up now. Hah.

First off, the greenhouse is up.











This is the before shot...doesn't look like much, does it?










Always reminds me that I want to put up one of those old fashioned sheds this way. *sigh*










I love carpentry.










This is basically what we're at now. Considering that we can't actually start putting the glass in until after the summer, this is how it is going to stay for a bit.











This is the terrace roof, which allows for some shade down there while we're working.











And the path little sister laid in front of the pool house, of course.



Gardening, isn't it grand? Let's do some shots of it. Hah.










The nursery, yep, they're doing rather splendid.










Our very first spinach harvest a little while back. It was yummy.










Our first cauliflower while it was still a baby. We ate its big sibling just yesterday, and it too was wonderful.










The courtyard garden looked so wonderful, I just had to take pictures of it.











You should smell the Jasmine, it's amazing.











The big terrace, now it is basically filled with veggies (and weeds of course)












Finally a good one of the gate, yay.









Sitabah doesn't care where I am, as long as she's right there with me. This is her idea of working by the way. Hah.









Remember when Chaos got bitten by Knight II, this was the effect. All healed now though, just a tiny little line left.








These are a few of my personal pack whenever I'm working in the garden. They really don't like being locked out, can you tell?










So here's the progress of the wall for the water basin...you remember the 100 pound concrete blocks we were hauling, right? Well, there they are.










First day...slow but steady.











Second day...still going, nice height to work with.









Day three...beginning to get a little harder.











Day four...friggin' blocks are heavy.










Day five, last one...big brother could do half, thank you very much. Hah.

That's is for the day. I've got stuff to do.

No comments: