Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Missed one! *gasps*

I know, I know: I’m a day late; it couldn’t be helped, really, honest to God, it was not my fault. There was just no way in hell that I managed to fit in a blog writing session, because if there had been a minute to spare (and there wasn’t) I would have made a shot at doing a quick read through of W.I.’s “Hero” so we can put it on Kindle before the end of the month. But, since there wasn’t a minute to spare, my poor neglected computer didn’t get any quality time whatsoever yesterday.

Song of the day: “It’s only pain” by Katie Melua. It makes me smile, I assure you, but the reason for it would elude you without a fifteen page explanation, and since I don’t have time for that either today, well, you’ll just have to take my word for it. Hah.

Okay, let’s start with the day before yesterday…and I’ve changed my mind because for the life of my I can’t remember what we did the day before yesterday, aaaargh! Allow me to wreck my brain for a minute…and maybe ask big brother…whose memory is even more iffy then mine, so never mind that. Lemme think……..

Well, I know we got gravel at some point in the past three days, but I am not entirely sure which day that was…they do tend to mesh wonderfully together. You’d think that it would make the days boring, but for some reason it doesn’t.

There was more time spent inside the basin, scraping and burning the walls in hopes of removing the downy stuff that used to protect the liner of the old pool. It was a dirty job, and there still is some more to be done, but we’re getting there. At least I didn’t almost set myself on fire this time, even though we were working with diesel.

Digging, yes, I distinctly remember that we did digging. Considering we’re thinking of a rather intricate tubing system to get water to the basin by the greenhouse, there really should be proper waterworks…this means digging and chopping through clay and rock, which is fun enough exercise, if you like that kind of thing. Since I do, hah, there really is not a problem. Gawd, I’m starving…..

Okay, I’m back. I made zucchini soup this morning (that harvest is really working out, yay) and it is working splendidly as a symbiosis of lunch and breakfast. Yeah, I know, I should really eat breakfast, but who the heck has time for something that inconsequential. Hah.

Yesterday on the other hand is still friggin’ clear in my head, because it was…(I’m sure that you’re seeing this one coming)…grocery effing day! Yay! Yuck! Choke. Seriously, we managed to postpone this particular chore to three weeks and one day (a stellar achievement on our part, I say) but I would have been more than happy to postpone it for another three, four…well, let’s go for indefinite. Jeez.

We left early but still weren’t home until after seven in the afternoon and I am like; I want to forget the friggin’ day and focus on the good stuff: Gardening! Gawd, do I sound boring or what? But I’m serious, I looked forward to heading out into the yard all day. We actually had just enough time to water everything that needed to be watered before the sun went down. We harvested some more zucchinis, onion, and herbs, and then headed out for a quick trip to walk Knight II. Since the poor fella needs to be on the leash so much when I’m working in the yard, and then in the office, he really needs to let off some steam every now and then. He didn’t much like it, my lovely big lug, but ran a bit…well, I ran and he trotted…jumped around a bit…well, I jumped around and he jumped against me, and then loaded him back into the car. He was ecstatic and regretful at the same time.

Tallis’ cheek is doing well. Hardly any swelling, and the stitches are nice and clean. He seems most happy just following big brother around, so he’ll be fine soon enough. Chamea (big brother’s Irish setter) is getting to be more impatient every day and has the inclination to stand at the fence and scream, unless he goes over and orders her to stop. Silly dog.

Well, that is all, I suppose. Not much to tell about is there, except that we’ve got a friend over for the day. Her job is a heavy one, and some relaxation is most important. Now, I’ve got a read-through edit to see to and then…well, we’ll see.

No comments: