Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Done edit, vet visit. *sigh*

Song of the day: “Shoot from the hip” by Sophie Ellis-Bextor. Strange to have this one in my head, especially since I don’t even really like the song. Hah.

A strange couple of days, we’ve been literally in the clouds most of the time and that is like totally unheard of around here in June. The dogs were restless…partially because mom and the youngest sibs went to the market again and had to leave at six in the morning.

I had strange dreams; I would tell you about them if I actually remembered some details, but alas they faded after the alarm went off, leaving nothing but the impression that they were strange. That frustrates me beyond imagining.

But anyways…what’s been up? Oh yeah, planted trees during the past couple of days. Considering the weather was perfect for it, it was a wonderful occupation, in the end we put in eight trees, a pear, an oak, something else that I don’t know the name of, and several prunes. Let’s hope they make it.

There was other gardening too, of course, a harvest for dinner here and there, lots of healthy stuff and no, I won’t bore you with specifics again. Let’s just say that it was yummy and leave it at that.

Big brother and I treated three dogs’ their ears, Bommel and Njanna, and Sonia, who had apparently gotten into a fight recently and was missing part of her ear. Eeeewww, seriously, I got a little nauseous, in particular since we thought that it was just a puncture hole. Turns out there was actually a piece missing. Luckily the lot was already healing, so after pouring on some antiseptic, and iodine, it looked clean enough to let it heal further on its own.

Tallis (crossbreed): There was another forced trip to the vet with poor Tallis, who somehow managed to get his cheek ripped apart through the fence. I’m thinking that it was either Knight II or Sitabah who did the vile deed. He needed about twenty stitches, but was otherwise alright. Phew.

Other than that we spent the majority of yesterday pouring concrete on the main path making sure that the way will be traversable for tenant, either by foot or wheelchair. Only did 1/6 of the path, but it is looking good so far…or at least it will as soon as we can remove the pallets that now protect the newly poured concrete. Along with plastic tarps because we’re having occasional drops of rain that could do some serious damage.

This very morning was spent in the basin where we used diesel fuel to remove the downy stuff that was sticking to the walls from back in the days when it was still a pool. It took some scraping, spraying and then standing back to let the fire do it's thing, but we'll manage to get the walls clean enough for new plastering. Had a bit of a scare working there, seeing as the small gasket blew up in my hand. Yikes; it scared the bejeezus out of me.

The edit is done…or at least it will be once I’ve added one last scene that will serve as some sort epilogue. Sure the story is done, but even though the somewhat open ending works, both big brother and I agreed that something a bit more conclusive is required. Maybe a nice “after” conversation about where they’re going now that the danger has passed. I’m thinking that maybe they’ll move to the States, or talk about the possibility. Maybe a hint of a HEA…yeah, there are a vast amount of possibilities. I better hurry up with this, an idea is shaping in my head.

I’ve gotta go.

No comments: