Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Friday, June 11, 2010

Short one...sorry.

Song of the day: “The Pessimist (is never disappointed)” by Sophie Ellis-Bextor. For some peculiar reason I’m feeling a tad down, so it is appropriate, I suppose.

Where to start, where to start? Ah, the edit, of course. Only ten more pages to go and then the very first edit will be over and done with. Yay. Naturally there are two more to deal with, but that isn’t important right now; this is a milestone and I will see it as such, darn it.

Harvest wise: lots of zucchini still, also chard and a slowly dwindling amount of lettuce, phew, we made it through the over production period, thank Gawd. Soon there will be more beets, though and that will be totally awesome…as you can undoubtedly detect, I kinda love beets, hah. Beets baked with onion, leek and cheese, or a cream sauce…jeez, my mouth is watering. Or fresh ones in a salad, yum! Hmmm. Maybe I should eat some beets soon.

Yesterday morning was spent making small constructions for the tomato patches. They’re crooked, uneven and look like a mess, but they are solid and will do the trick. It’s not as if we couldn’t make anything “better”, but it’s no fun to have something aerodynamic in the yard that will need to taken down again next year. I find it looking rather interesting, actually. When we finished, I was standing there and thought, hey, this looks very Indonesian, or something. I always enjoy making such comparisons, so bear with me, please. Hah.

After yesterday’s edit grandpa, big brother and I spent time the remainder of the afternoon pouring concrete in the carport. I’ve gotta admit that it was nice pouring concrete again. On the overall it really is a rather pleasant occupation to do. And, considering I had more than a wheelbarrow of cement left afterwards, I finished it off on a tiny little rock wall for grandpa who wanted it to park his moped on. It looks cute.

Strangely enough yesterday was still cloudy…as is today, for that matter. The clouds are still there, but so’s the sun, so it really is rather pleasant, albeit that I need a vest to sit here outside on the terrace, overlooking the valley and the sea.

A bit of bad news; Tallis (crossbreed) got into a fight this morning and has a large gap in his cheek that really needed stitches. So big brother and I headed out to the village and dropped him off for surgery. Poor old fella, he really didn’t like it. But, we should be able to pick him up again later in the afternoon.

I really should be getting to the edit so I’m going to cut this short…how very undisciplined of me, I know, but I simply have to prioritise.
Gotta go.

No comments: