Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Monday, June 7, 2010

Stinking bureaucracy!

Song of the day: “Under di mango tree” by the Mango kings. I know, weird huh. The stuff my mind thinks about, well, I never claimed it made any sense, hah.

Oh dear, here I’m sitting in the summer sun, overlooking a somewhat hazy valley, and I’m drawing a complete blank as to what I have been doing these past couple of days. It is rather frustrating I’ll admit. Hmmm. Looks like this is going to be a short one.

Okay, I made zucchini soup from our own yard harvest, and it was delicious. For a big two gallon pan I just filled it three quarters with sliced zucchini, vegetable broth powder for the same amount of gallons, one leek, two onions, grinded chili peppers, salt, a bit of sugar, minced fresh basil (a lot), parsley, oregano and chives. I tossed the lot in, and put the heat on. I let it boil for about ten minutes then mashed the stuff with the emersion blender until it was a nice even soup. After adding half a cup of cream and two spoonfuls of cream cheese, it was ready for consumption.
Gawd, I’ve been eating it for two days now and it still tastes great.

What else…well, of course we’ve been harvesting our meals almost every day now. Green beans aplenty, zucchinis, naturally, leek, onions, potatoes and my favorite: the herbs. I love those. Hah.

Yesterday started early, by the way, mom and the younger sibs had wanted to go to the market, but then the car battery decided to be depleted, so the first thing we did was head on up to the car and hook it up to the battery loader. Then it was to hoping that it was hoping that it was JUST an empty battery and not something huge that would force one of us to sell a kidney, or something, hah.

Around ten in the evening, after cleaning the pool mind you, (yes, it is high time for that) we attempted to start the engine and YES, the engine worked just fine so, phew! Had a hauling trip to celebrate it.

Also cleaned out the little courtyard in front of the greenhouse, because, let’s face it, it was a bloody mess. Debris, plastic, dirt, and Gawd knows what else. It took me eight trips with a couple of huge buckets but in the end the courtyard thingy was semi clean…I gotta say that I am rather looking forward to when we’ve added the natural rock wall to it, along with the plant containers; it should give the impression of a little slice of paradise in the end…I hope.

Seriously, I have been paying way too little attention these past few days, ‘cause I’m having the hardest time remembering activities. There was weeding involved, I know that much. Hmmm. I actually managed some chats on Amazon. Cleaning, yep, I remember prune hands.

Apparently, Ambah’s passing affected me more than I had anticipated, ‘cause I was a little sobby yesterday. Didn’t help much either that at some point I couldn’t find Bommel and I promptly burst out in tears from fear that he was just lying dead somewhere. Jeez. Talk about stupid thoughts, sometimes I really don’t know where ever the hell that stuff comes from because I sure don’t look for it. *sigh*
But anyway, Bommel was fine, just snoozing away in the office, where he had somehow managed to get while I was gathering my computer.
I would like to say that I managed an early night, but I didn’t, so that means I got too little sleep again today when we had to get up early to take tenant to the consulate where she had to renew her passport.
Almost went wrong to boot, considering her passport had expired three years ago, just prior to her stroke, in the end we did manage, however, with a form from town hall, but it was a close call.

Can I just say (again) that I seriously dislike bureaucracy? Really, they added another ten bucks to the cost of a passport, bringing it up to €60.10 so they could put a chip in the little booklet. And as an added bonus tenant got to have her fingerprints taken to boot, which is just honkeydory. Did she get asked if she wanted that? Did they ask me, seeing as I will need to get a renewal in just a few more years.

Truly, there are days when I would like to join those curmudgeon conspiracy theorists, ‘cause let’s face it; it’s just bonkers. Who do they think this is going to help, really? It’s like no gun laws. The only people who end up without them¾or in this case end up with the full hassle, are the good citizens, ‘cause criminals really won’t bother with following all those rules. It is exhausting, really.

Okay, that’s gotta be it for today, I’ve got an edit to see to…which reminds me, the query letters for publishers went into the mail today, so keep your fingers crossed for me, please. There’s gotta be some savvy editor out there who is just waiting for a manuscript like Saving Nina, darn it.

Time to get to it!

No comments: