Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Residual frustration?

Song of the day: “All this time (pick-me-up song)” by Maria Mena. Still a splendid song, and I like having it in my head…so far anyway. Hah.

Okay, I’m thinking that maybe pigs learned to fly and that hell is about to freeze over ‘cause we’re having somewhat fierce bad weather. Nothing to drastic, mind you, just clouded all over and a miserly weather. Nothing to frown about in winter but definitely a first time this time of year for me…haven’t seen the likes of it since coming to live here in ’96, and admittedly it feels a tad weird.

Well, let’s get this thing going, ‘cause today is really perfect for editing and maybe even some more printing, and I really should get to that.

Right, yesterday, what happened…I’m thinking about blanking again, and thus I am blanking again, grrr. Oh, yeah. First thing in the morning big brother and I headed out to the village to get a new battery for the car, which, for some inexplicable reason decided to turn bad. Luckily the problem seemed to be resolved with the replacement, and while big brother finished putting it in I took the opportunity to clear out the mess the pigs that secretly live inside the car, made. Jeez, we really should evict those creatures ‘cause I think I took out an entire bag of garbage and debris, hah.

Editing is still going, but slowly. It usually happens when we have to spread the attention span to several tasks at the same time, and seeing as half the time our minds are on query letters and send-outs while we should be focussing the edit. It’s frustrating I tell you, but only 18 more pages to go in the first edit, thank Gawd. Then there are only two more edits to go, one of the computer the other on paper, aaaaah! Jeez, I really shouldn’t say this kind of thing, seriously, it feels like a massive task said that way.

Okay, other stuff, plants got transplanted, of course, seeing as seeding brings about eighty percent out of which another eighty percent make it to adulthood, of which a resulting seventy get to be harvested. I kinda like those odds, in particular since we don’t use any pesticides or chemical fertilizers. Just “home grown” doggy do and compost. Which reminds me, the potatoes I planted a week and a half ago are already coming up, so’s the corn, yay. Sunflowers are in full bloom, so our birdies are going to enjoy some home grown food as well.

The younger sibs went to their first real market today and got home psyched with €65 to show for the efforts. Ah, I remember those days fondly, when I stood on the market myself. They at least liked it enough to want to head out to another one tomorrow, so we’ll see how it goes.

Poor Bommel (13 year old Bobtail) is starting to have more trouble to keep up, my old darling. Gawd, every time I think back of that birthday in ’98 when I came up from my room and found him standing in the living room, looking like a drowned rat because the sibs had attempted to wash him before I woke up. Seriously, it was the bested gift ever, in particular because he was a one year old who had been scheduled for “termination” because the breeder couldn’t sell him. We had us some good times, Bommel and I…and I gotta stop talking about this ‘cause I’m choking up.

I don’t know what the heck is wrong with me these days, but I am way too emotional for some peculiar reason. I wanna sit down and cry my eyes out at the least provocation and I’ve had enough of it. I think I’m going to have to revert to the technique that worked so well two years ago. “Cowboy the f**k up; don’t care about things you cannot change, and remember that everything is changeable.” Yep, we’ll get back on track, some day…I hope. Hah.

What else…ah yes, we had more fried potatoes from our own yard, along with green beans and today we’re having chard, again. Gawd, I never knew that you could have such a good harvest from chard, but we’ve been eating the stuff three times a week, at least, without the plants showing any signs of stopping any time soon.
Only had to give a little water yesterday, and none today, so…yay.

Tenant is looking forward to swimming now that I finished the last bit or re-grouting in the skimmer. It was a son-of-a-bitch job, but someone had to do it. Gawd, I hate perching dangerously, and then working in a really narrow place…and I still gotta clean it, darn it.
But anyway…if all works out tenant should be able to get into the pool as soon as the temperatures pick up again. It’ll be cool to see what kind of exercises we can think of to do in the water. I think it will be very good for her.

At the moment Adma (female pocket beagle) isn’t feeling too well. We’re keeping a close eye on her, but I think she is just constipated, poor thing. I just hope she can be rid of the problem soon, ‘cause she just can’t find a comfortable position to lie in.

I’m going to have to walk Knight II more, because due to his mass and somewhat dangerous exuberance, he is leashed a lot, meaning that he’s got an extreme amount of energy that he really should get rid of one way or other. Jeez, he can be so friggin’ exhausting at times, seriously, I could tell tales. Hah.

But that’s it, I think. Lots more to do and, as always, so little time to do it in. Besides I’m running at least an hour behind because I wanted to do a kickboxing session and actually just did it. Hah. It felt great, thank you very much. Nothing like pounding a bag for a bit, and pumping some iron, to get rid of any residual frustration.

No comments: