Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Just another day...or two.

Song of the day: “Temptation” by Wet Wet Wet. Gawd, it has been almost a year since I last had this song in my head. Great song, giving me fond memories of the time we first moved to Spain, were living here for just a short time, really. Still, beautiful song.

Okay, busy couple of days, as usual. Got to pick up our friend in Marbella again. Went with the Daewoo so we got there in record time, after which we had to drop the Daewoo off at the garage for the agreed upon repairs, while we got the Astra in return. Still don’t like the Astra, but it’s wheels so who gives a fig?

Got home in time for a quick brunch…seeing as we hadn’t had time for that prior to leaving…and then got to work on pouring concrete by the old horse paddock. Considering the Matiz is such a small, low-to-the-ground car that we are building a small carport and a drive sweep that will allow the poor thing to get out onto the big sweep without dragging over the ground. Thus pouring concrete.

Considering big brother’s wrist is still screwing around, so I had to do the detail work while he was mixing the concrete. Afterwards we did another gutter, leading towards the main waterworks. It took a little time, but the end result is rather nice. It’s slow going, but we’ll get it all done I’m sure.

Same goes for the gate, bit by bit the repairs are being done, and soon it’ll be no more trouble…I hope. Hah.

Writing. Slow but steady too, I guess. Passed eighty pages now, slowly closing the gap to half. Good solid scenes, though I am working on a variety of them at the same time, which would explain why it appears to be going incredibly slow. *sigh*
The female protagonist has a dog now, by the way; proof of writing what one knows, eh? Hah.

Watered the plants, of course, and while doing so I too the opportunity to write down some more for the book. I’d sit wherever the water needs to go, shifting it from one spot to the other, and write in-between. Got quite a bit done that way.

There was some cooking involved. Nothing special, just potatoes with veggies, so I won’t bother describing it.

At the moment I’m reading a Richard Montanari book called “Broken Angels”. It is not bad, yet not entirely my thing. I do enjoy reading the cop jargon, and his somewhat ponderous writing voice. I don’t know why I call it such, you know, ponderous, but it’s how I hear it in my head. A bass voice, in a somewhat “Law & Order” type of “statements”. Does that make any sense? It’s how I would imagine a fire and brimstone sermon to be. Hah. It doesn’t matter though, the story is fun regardless…maybe even because of that particular tone.

This particular morning was spent putting together a hardwood garden table, which worked out splendidly. I’m planning on fully restoring it so we’ll have a nice table for the horse paddock where tenant often spends her time these days. This way we’ll be able to have lunch there and keep her company.
The weather is still a little freaky. Below thirty (Celsius) temperatures, cloudy and sunny at the same time, creating a somewhat autumn atmosphere…wonderful weather for outside work, admittedly, but if fall is arriving now already it will have been a ridiculously short summer, darn it.

Bommel (Bobtail) has been troubled by ear infections, of late, so last night was spent shaving excess hair from his ears and cleaning him up a little, poor fella was really having a bad time of it, and I need to get something to clean his ears with soon.

Well, time for me to wrap this up. I’ve got a table to finish, a gate to help fix and a yard to water in just a few hours.

No comments: