Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Darned cars.

Song of the day: “A song for whoever” by the Beautiful South. Funny song. You should check the clip out some day. I’m sure you can find it on Youtube, it’ll be worth the effort, I assure you. Heck, you might even know it. Hah.

So let’s start with the bad bit of troubling news…The Matiz is still being fixed, so we still have the loaner Astra, darn it. The Land Rover on the other hand…is also still at the garage for fixing and won’t be back until Tuesday, darn it, meaning that I’m going to have to do the distributing in the Daewoo or the friggin’ Astra on Monday, which is going to be darn frustrating for as far as I’m concerned. Seriously, have you any idea how hard it is to get in and out of tiny cars when you’re over six feet tall. Gawd, my thighs are already complaining about the upcoming exercise.

The weather is still wonderfully cool, in case you’re wondering. It allows for some decent project time, which, for the past couple of days was putting together that terrace table, and painting it with the help of tenant, who appeared to enjoy helping out.
It looks darn pretty now by the way. Like new, and nicely solid seeing as it is made of hard wood with a rather pretty design. Yes, I should be taking pictures of that too, and add it to the massive list I’m supposed to post in the near future. Grrr. They’re there, I just have to take the time to go through them, darn it.

There has been gardening, of course. Some nice tomato harvests and new zucchinis aplenty. For some reason the plants decided to start all over, so the things are everywhere again. Not bad, considering that we were worrying about harvests being over and done with.

Second project this week is making a solid, closed-off space for the dog kibble. The rat population has been rapidly growing so we need to close it up properly. Meaning that as of this morning we are digging out a section behind my cabin, pouring a concrete floor, so we can start building a small wall, a roof and a couple of doors in front of it, et voila.
Considering I always love a good project this will certainly do for this weekend.

Writing has been going slow and steady. Not too bad, though. One more page and I’ll be at ninety. Just ten more pages and then I’ll be halfway into the story, yay! It’s going well enough, I guess. The characters are deepening, getting to be more interesting…even though it is of course only a romance novel with no action in it whatsoever. Darn it.

I finished the Richard Montanari novel, and it wasn’t too bad, all things considered. It will never be my favorite genre, but it is entertaining. This morning I started on Tom Clancy’s Power play, Shadow Watch. It is fascinating to go into these different genres, especially since they are free, hah. I’m definitely seeing it as research, and I’m learning a lot.

Oh my, I dreamed about zombies again. I was a little itchy from it when I woke, which is ridiculous considering it was much like “Dawn of the Dead” and “Resident Evil” which’s movies I liked well enough. And yet, in the dream it all got to be rather intense, so I’ve been trying to get over the itchiness for the majority of the morning.

Poor Bommel appears to be feeling a bit better with the cleaned ears, so yay. Manni (little sister’s Cocker Spaniel) had to go to the vet the other day, and got operated on his ear. He had a massive tumor in it and they removed I without complications during the course of the day. Poor dog was so happy to be home he rubbed himself all over little sister’s bed. Hah.

Well, time for me to get back to work on the storage place for the dog food. Still a bit that needs to be done, and only so many hours in a day. Gotta go.

No comments: