Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Not much writing, darn it.

Song of the day: “Dream a little dream” by The Beautiful South…I can’t help it, seeing as I looked up the video the other day and have it tumbling through my head since then. Hah.

Very little writing again these past two days. Yesterday was grocery shopping day and let’s face it, I was lucky to be able to pound out one page; two would have been nothing short of a miracle, and three would have been nigh on impossible. *sigh*
A little disappointing to get so little “real” work done these days, what with all the outside obligations going on. Heck, I find myself jealous of grandpa who manages to paint the façade of my cabin, clean out the rain gutters and clean up the carport while we were out and about. Right now I would give my left pinky to be able to do so. Aaargh!

Yesterday (effing grocery shopping day) was pretty darn painful. You see, while putting on the supportive sock around my foot during the night, I put on the one that is for the right-side foot, rather than the left. This (I’ve noticed twice before, but thought it was my imagination) caused my foot to hurt like heck. I don’t get it really, considering it is just elastic that is sewn together as mirror images, but there is a difference, apparently. It’s almost as if the left pulls the foot different than the right. Anyways, I didn’t realize my error until late in the evening, found the left-side foot sock and felt instant relief. I was at the verge of spilling tears of relief, seriously. *sigh* Never doing that mix-up again.

But enough whining, considering tenant’s caregiver has been working elsewhere more to make ends meet, I’ve been picking up a lot of slack with tenant’s needs. Not necessarily a bad thing, since we always end up chatting, or singing, but it does take a lot more time than I anticipated, meaning that we get a lot less done around the yard, but what the heck, life continues on gradually and on the overall it is a fun trip. Hah.

During groceries I had to make a slight detour with the Opel, the Daewoo was ready so I had to go and make the exchange. There was a traffic jam so I backtracked and decided to take a short cut through the country…where I promptly almost drove into a roving pit bull. It was sweet as heck but also dumb as a doorknob, seeing as it decided to park its butt right in front of the car until I ordered him into the car so I could pull over to the side of the road. Considering traffic was coming past in rapid succession I decided that it might not be smart to stay in the middle of the road.

But anyway, it took me fifteen to thirty minutes to locate the dog’s owner in the area, a cumbrously shaped little man who gruffly thanked me for getting his dog back and then roared off on his motorcycle. Gawd, I was soooo late. But anyway, I got at the car sales place where Ray (I don’t know why but I find that a very typical car salesman type of name. If you met Ray you would agree with me, I assure you) informed me that everything was fixed and that I could just leave with the car. I got him copies of all my legal papers so the transfer could be made and I left with the Daewoo.

The speedometer still isn’t working, and neither is the right-side door handle, but considering the time they take for everything (almost two weeks) I rather fix those things ourselves than leave it to them, again. The important thing, the transmission, was fixed, so, yay!

That was about it, I guess. Time to get to work, maybe make some pumpkin for brunch and then see what the day will bring. I’ll be back.

No comments: