Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

The usual

Song of the day: “The bright side of life” by the Monthy Python crew, of course. Cracks me up every time (the song that is). “Enjoy it, it’s your last chance anyhow”. Hah. Nothing could be truer.

Yesterday…I did ridiculously little, actually. It was a most peculiar day, and I seemed to be one step behind all day. I hate it when that happens. That lethargy that makes you want to go back to bed and do a do-over. This wasn’t possible, of course, but what the heck, a girl can dream, right?

So what did I do? Well, there was the trip down into the yard to put some fencing up by the new raspberries and brambles. This is a safety measure (against the dogs) as much as help for them to grow up into once they start forming branches.

There was a car to unload, naturally. We had a rather late trip the night before, so that was waiting for us in the morning. We are definitely going to have create more storage in the near future, because all the old ones are starting to get full. Hah.

My new floor is gradually getting closer, so yay. I’m looking forward to it…even if it is only for my bedroom in the first instance. The sitting room is going to have to wait for a bit, considering that’ll be a bigger hassle. The bedroom “quick step” parquet should be a breeze.

We worked in the garden pit in front of the greenhouse. Cleaning the floor while big brother put the finishing touches to the last planter. Stuff is starting to look good, and yes I will take pictures to show it. I also sowed several pots of herbs. Like chives, rosemary, thyme, anise, melissa and peppermint. I still need to get basil, parsley, but my oregano from last year is still going strong, so I won’t need to re-sow that.

There was rock hauling and sand hauling, and after pumpkin soup with pasta for lunch, I was so friggin tired I took a nap in the sunshine. It was rather wonderful but then I was even more out of sync, which made getting rocks a rather difficult chore for me.

Ah well, Knight II got a good run, and afterwards we got to work on the edit without more dawdling. We got a good amount of pages done, but I’ve got to admit that I was rather happy that I’d reached the end of the day and could go to bed early.

Luckily, today went a lot better for me. The dogs didn’t bug me, and after laundry and other early morning chores, I headed out for some exercise in the shape of hauling rocks down the mountain in the wheelbarrow. Seriously, you don’t need a fitness club doing this; you get all the basic muscle groups working in fine order. If that doesn’t work, cutting reed, binding it and then hauling it to storage will help along. If that still isn’t enough, digging out bamboo roots, is just awesome. Seriously, all my muscles are properly lubricated today.

Today lunch consisted of pancakes with onion, wild onion, fresh garlic, basil, oregano and minced chard through it. On top I baked cheese, and thought it was definitely a first try, I’ve gotta say that it was pretty darn tasty.

While taking out reed and bamboo, the old rock wall behind it (under the house) became visible, and it is rapidly becoming clear that we’re going to have to get to work on the porch wall fast. Stones are starting to fall out due to rotting roots and sliding mud, meaning that the next big project (after cleaning and painting the basin) will be the wall. It was actually kind of scary to see how bad the wall looks.

Tenant still has her cough, but at least she is in good spirits and enjoyed sitting in the sunshine again. The thyme along with a chamomile steam bath is having a bit of a calming effect, so that’s good. And she did eat some, which is always a good sign.
I did trim her hair tonight. Her bangs were driving her to distraction, and since there were these massive knots on the back of her head, due to her napping, she decided that she wanted the whole lot off. Now she’s got a bit of a punk thing going. Hah.

There was a sand hauling trip this afternoon, which means that tomorrow I’ve got another nice exercise waiting for me in the morning, hah.

Touri’s ear appears to be doing better now with the new mixture. Carla’s cough is completely gone, so we’re going to give the tincture to Tridatu as well. The poor lab/mastiff mix has developed this nasty cough over the past couple of days, so we’ll see how things go with him.

Well, I’ve got edits to do, lists to make (don’t ask) and then maybe I’ll manage to get to bed in time again. That would be bliss, I tell ya.

No comments: