Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Friday, March 9, 2012

That time again

Song of the day: “More than Words” by Extreme. Hmmm. It’s been a while since I heard that one, and I think it’s the first time I’ve had it in my head. How weird is that?

So, yeah, yesterday. It was that time of the month, time for grocery shopping, time for…well, basically wasting a whole effing day. And no, I’m not going to describe it all to you. I’ll spare you the tediousness of it. Hah.

Instead I’ll regale you with the before and after events, and maybe, later on whine a bit, because, let’s face it, I’m in a whiny mood. *sigh*
First off, yesterday morning I woke right on the dot to start on the day with the chores, and heading down into the yard to water what needed watering, to pluck what needed plucking and to put outside, what needed fresh air. It was actually kinda nice, starting grocery shopping day that way. It calmed me, centered me, and allowed me to actually be nicely relaxed prior to getting into the car and setting out.

Was a long day, thank you very much. Left around noon and didn’t get back until after seven. Meaning that it took us ‘till after eight to put everything away, to make dinner and then finally sit down to devour sustenance.

Checked my messages, did some chats, and then, because focus was difficult to find at best, we decided to call it a day and put on a DVD that little brother rented. Colombiana with Zoë Saldaña. I was pleasantly surprised about the movie, I’ll admit, since the trailer didn’t do it justice at all. In fact the trailer looked a little cheap, while the actual movie rated right up there with the good ones. Knowing, and loving, Luc Besson, the creator, I shouldn’t have been surprised. I mean, (La Femme) Nikita, The Assassin, Leon, The Fifth Element, The Kiss of the Dragon, Unleashed/Danny the Dog, The Big Blue, Wasabi, Taken, From Paris With Love, just to name a few; it wasn’t all that surprising after all. Hah.
He does goooooood stories.

But okay, it was still early, and I was more than ready to hit the sheets and pass out while still settling…I swear, I’m slowly turning into grandpa who sometimes doesn’t even remember going to bed. *snort*

What with the temperatures oddly low again (I can’t explain it, but a few days ago the weather was almost summery, and since last night, we’re back to winter. Weird, I tell ya) Knight II was making a nuisance of himself during the night. No matter what I did, he kept pressing himself against me. Which in effect wrecked my back, (duh) and made me sore all over come morning. *sigh* Stupid horse doesn’t know his own strength for crying out loud.

No workout this morning, since I opted to sleep ‘till nine and then start on the chores immediately. Laundry and such dealt with, it was time for breakfast, and a short chat with tenant. What with the weather change, she’s feeling a tad miserable, which is understandable, if not sad. Despite the fact that she could be doing more with her days, she opts to sit in her room, watching TV and reading a book. Sure, it is hard to do new stuff, but if you don’t try, you never know your limits (if you have them) until you try.
Ah well, choice. Everyone has to make their own.

I had thought to give you an elaborate rant about the economy, and maybe fashion…oh right, how could I forget. I also tried to get myself a new pair of pants yesterday, and failed miserably…but okay, I decided to tone that down a bit. Could hardly fill a whole blog with a rant…well, I could, easily, but I won’t. It just wouldn’t be nice.

But fashion, I’ve got something to say about it. WTF???
Let me explain something to you. I’m a big girl. I’m 6 feet tall, I wear size 16 (used to be 24, but what the hey) and weary size 11 shoes. It is not easy to find clothes that fit me, but these days, with today’s fashion, it is nigh on impossible!
What is it with the huge hip model pants that have tiny ankle ends? I mean it. I tried six pairs yesterday and not a single one fit. And I didn’t just try size 16 either. I went all the way up to size 22 ‘till I just gave up and tossed them all back on the shelves. Sure, one 16 practically fit (stretchy jeans) but it just looked weird plastered to my legs like a second skin (despite it supposedly being bootcut. No effing way!). The other didn’t go over my thighs. Another two didn’t go over my calves while bagging around my waist. One was so tight around my knees I thought I was going to have to amputate, and the last one, the one that made me give up, didn’t even go past my hips. I just gave up in the end, and opted to wait for fashion to change again. (I’m dreaming long, long legs, going wide, like the seventies soul pants. *blissful sigh*)
What is wrong with clothes these days? Why the HUGE hips and no calves? What? No one has muscle tissue anymore down there, and just hoards it on top. Grrrr.
Bought a hat for three bucks instead, hah.

But anyway, today the majority of the day was spent in the yard again. Harvested a nice batch for today’s supper. Chard, and wild onions with chickweed and broccoli. The latter for a nice burger at lunch. Chickpea/lentil burger with fresh chickweed, lettuce, our own tomatoes (harvested another three pounds at least) some green peppers and a wonderful yogurt/mayonnaise/herbal sauce. Boy, did that work out well. Hah.

After that there was computer work. Yep. I actually sat most of the afternoon, and already my butt is complaining. I’ve gotta do something active soon, I tell ya.

Well, this will do for now, won’t it? I wanna work on the new book a bit. And I really do need to work on the V.L. edit.

No comments: