Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Distracted much?

Song of the day: “Crazy” by Patsy Cline. Had it before, will have it again, I’m sure. Also “Why not me” by Enrique, which makes for an interesting combination, if you ask me. Hah.

I had planned on doing this rant about indie publishing and all that jazz, but then, by the time the day drew to an end the mood faded, so I will once again tell about the usual stuff. You know, life in general.

Let’s start this the right way and begin with yesterday to then work our way to today. I made a list, so it shouldn’t be too hard.
The day started cloudy, and I was late so I had to skip the workout (same will count for the next few days. Too much to do, darn it) and start directly on the chores. Due to the clouds we didn’t need to go into the yard, so after breakfast big brother and I could immediately start on gathering materials for my cabin. Ever since we built the cabin, the connection between the two rooms was make-due, and has been gradually falling apart. We took out the old panels, they were all skewed and the nails coming loose. And then, working with real wood that matches the rest of the cabin, we put in the new paneling. It is gorgeous. Really. It’s as if the doorway is twice as big, even though it isn’t. Yay. It took several hours, lots of measuring and fitting, but it did work and…well, I love it! I woke up and lay there staring at the wonderfully wide passage. *sigh*

Because we were so busy, Cousin Ed opened up the seedbed for us. And later in the day Dani came to visit. She’s moving house, so she won’t be able to come over as often as she used to. Pity. Always sad to have friends move away.

Tenant appears to have decided to turn a new leaf, and is determined to keep busy. Yesterday she spent several hours sewing on the embroidery window I made for her. She fixed her own pajamas and a blouse of mine, and everything, and seemed proud as a fiddle about that…as she should. Added to that she used the home trainer bicycle again, and cut veggies for our joined supper, so she was pretty darn busy. I think it’s good for her, to find a purpose for herself.

I was right back on track too, keeping busy myself when I ended up writing a three page rant on the Amazon for a, which is never smart, regardless that most folks were incredibly sweet about it. I hate confrontations about that, in particular since it all started on a discussion thread one of the folks from my regular discussions had opened. It took me a little by surprise, you see, and then one thing led to another, and I remembered how the last time open season was announced on the indie authors, and I think I hurt this person’s feelings, which was not my intention at all. *sigh* That’s what happens when you let your imagination run off with you, I guess. It creates friction. And though friction on itself is not a bad thing (life is all about friction), I do dislike hurting other people’s feelings. But I felt compelled to do so. Didn’t feel like I had a choice in fact, because this is how it all started the last time. One voice, rather innocently started, and before you knew it, all authors were the bad guys. Ah well, no matter. What’s done is done.

Due to the discussion that ensued after my rant, I was incredibly late getting to bed, and I was so wired from it, that it took me at least an hour falling asleep, making me run behind again, today. (Darn it.)

Started the day with the normal chores, yes, the laundry, what else? And then got to work on hanging the new shelving mom asked for in the kitchen. It took some time, but it’s in place and looking well enough.

Tenant, still determined to do more during the day, walked all the way down to the basin terrace (1st time this year, because the weather was splendid) where she kept us company while we worked in the greenhouse and yard. There were fields to water, plants to check for caterpillar eggs, and caterpillars to kill after I dug them out of three cabbages. Little buggers. They really don’t get it yet. Those plant are OUR food, darn it.

Since the weather was so splendid, and tenant was keeping us company, cousin Ed and I unloaded all the crates with glass pots from the small storage room by the basin and sorted through my collection of canning pots. Quite a lot, but not so many that I can be selective when the time comes to can again. I won’t be short pots either, though. Thankfully. Otherwise I would have to have to buy new pots first again.

That done, I spent some time in the greenhouse, sowing more herbs and seeing if there were more cauliflower seedlings to transplant (nope) before I headed up and together with big brother put the new threshold in the small passage between my two cabins. It’s beautiful dark hardwood, matching my floor, of course.

That done, there were veggie burgers for a very late lunch. Gawd, I was starving. They went down real well with the mayo yogurt sauce I made for them. *sigh* I should have had more. I’m starving again.
I wasn’t feeling too well, for some peculiar reason, so I took a short nap because I knew I had to go out later, to pick up a donation once again. This time a little earlier than usual, because the donating party were elderly and preferred nine in the evening. So we got back around ten, the car half full and went down to get to work.

The dogs weren't happy with our absence. In fact, mom had to call most of them into the house to keep them from howling during the hours we were out. Silly dogs. *sigh*

Didn’t get any edits done today…luckily yesterday we did do three pages at least…and I got distracted on the fora once more, so we’ll just have to do the double amount tomorrow. Gawd, I get tired just thinking of it.

Which brings us to now, with me yawning my head off and more than ready to call it a day…oh, did I tell you about my dream last night? No? Well, remind me to do so, someday soon. Hah.

No comments: