Song of the day…I don’t know, actually. It’s been a while that I didn’t have a song haunting me. I think it has to do with starting the new book, because my head’s been busy with that. The difference between editing brain and writing brain, I’m thinking. Hah.
But anyway, let’s get this thing going. It’s about 45 minutes until midnight and I would like to get to bed in time.
There was of course the usual stuff, both yesterday and today, as in feeding the dogs and laundry. Very glamorous, I know. Hah. But that’s life, isn’t it, the basics is what gets us through the day…on the most part anyway. Hah.
Tenant, who went for an afternoon on the town with mom yesterday, was pretty darn exhausted today. Still, that didn’t stop her from wanting to bike the home trainer this morning, taking a dip in the pool, and heading down to the basin terrace where big brother and I were working on the computer as usual. She came down just in time too, for the experiment that I worked on today, involving salty oats that worked rather well in salty patties. Yum. Going in the recipe book. Yesterday was all about baked beets with rice.
First thing we had to do yesterday morning, was go to the vet for Nata’s test results. He’s suffering from the same problem as the last time, only a little less severe, thankfully. We’re going to continue with the dog food and the vet gave us some sachets that should strengthen his liver. Regretfully, Manni, the puppy, is still at the vet’s because the vet is still not sure as to what the problem is. He’s still losing a lot of snot, but luckily he’s not vomiting, or losing any other liquids. *phew*
Both yesterday and today we read through the query letter again…added to that we discovered a small problem with the synopsis. Apparently, my default was on the wrong letter type, and size, so the two pages we had so laboriously cut down to, turned out to be two and a half. Aaaargh. Spent about three hours cutting the synopsis down even more until we finally had two pages again. *sigh* It is easier to whack off an arm, than cut something like that to a smaller size. Seriously, I, well, we, shaved per word until it all fit.
As for today’s computer work…I got started on the new story. Yay! It’s going to be so weird, working this way. Seriously, I used to just let the characters take me where they wanted, but now I’m going to have to plan everything beforehand. It doesn’t help that so far there’s a plot with three subplots which I’m going to have to keep track of.
Both yesterday evening, and this one, involved watering the yard, of course, along with harvests (beets, zucchinis, cucumbers, white cabbage, tomatoes, broccoli) for both ourselves, as the dogs, naturally. Hot evenings, but after all the computer work, it sure was nicely cooling down by then.
Had a dip after both evenings, which got the grime of the day off.
Little brother passed his medical yesterday afternoon. He’s going to do his driver’s license soon, so that meant getting that test which is starting to get to be so very annoying.
Last night, this morning and this evening were spent working on the small trailer that we’ve been restoring for cousin Ed. We got all the new edges on, and yes, I did pictures, meaning that I’m going to have to do a picture update soon, I know.
Also did some on the interview, though not a lot. I really should get working on that. Tomorrow will have to do.
This evening I cut the dog food veggies while big brother finished up the last bits, and then we went up, with me helping a very tired tenant get ready for bed, while big brother tested the wiring of the wagon. Didn’t work, so he had to mess with it a lot. Stupid wiring. We might have to exchanged the whole lot, darn it. Then, since cousin Ed had to be elsewhere, big brother and I loaded the remainder of both car and wagon up for tomorrow’s market day.
Which brings us to now, and me writing the blog. I should have finished up half an hour ago, darn it.