Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Monday, August 13, 2012

Sweltering a little

Song of the day: “We are young” by Fun. Not as cool as the other song, but doable for as far as earworms go.

Bit of a wow experience. Hit 7000 viewers for the blog today, and shot right over it, yay! Isn’t that awesome? You’re part of the 7000 clicks of folks that came by here, and that got me excited every time I was up another fifty hits. Yay. I wonder if I’ll ever make it to 100K. Ah well, I am going to be pleased with this number, thank you very much (I mean that literally, by the way, thanks for dropping by occasionally). I should do something special for the occasion, but let’s just keep it to a private little happy dance, and move right along.

Just got home from a much needed jog, so I’m running late once more (pardon the pun) and better get this thing done. Went well, by the way. Did most of the distance at a steady jog, and where the mountains were just too steep, I managed to keep up a nice marching clip. Yay. Not bad for a girl who didn’t run since she was seven, or so.

Okay, writing-wise I did well enough the past couple of days. Though yesterday started out crappy with only three pages during the afternoon hours, I did manage to make up for it in the evening by adding another page, bringing me up for my daily quota. Today, on the other hand, I managed a solid six pages, despite needing to dig into the internet in search of some facts, which always takes way too much time. Was really digging into the Greek mythology today, which was a first. Earlier in the book I did some mentions on the flyby, but now we’re getting to the gritty parts. Gotta love research. Hah.

There were the normal chores of course, along with a quick trip to town to get some cheese and other groceries. Had some serious temps while we were at it. 100 up here at home, then down there mid-nineties and near the beach low nineties, which was a welcome change. Good thing too, considering that every time we exited a supermarket you got a hit in the face from the heat. That’s why I hate the ACs you know. They make life a lot less pleasant, seeing as you constantly have to readjust to the changes. I much rather be used to the heat and just enjoy the summer, thank ya very much.

Had a couple of gardening sprees. Yanked weeds, watered some plants, and harvested a few veggies. Life as usual, only a little warmer. Hah. Had to take Chaos, Labhana and Gada in the pool, because the poor darlings were just breathing to heavily. While the labs were good girls and went in and out, both times The Chaos, decided he hadn’t cooled enough and stayed on the second to the top step of the stairs, leaving his lower body submerged for more than ten minutes. Smart Basset. Afterward he was all energetic.

Despite opting to stay upstairs yesterday, tenant did decide to come down to the basin terrace, after an early morning dip in the pool. Later in the day she doesn’t feel like it, because the path down is so very hot. Understandable, of course, but she does miss out on a lot of pool dipping that way.

Cooking was a hasty affair these past couple of days. Yesterday I made chickpea dough for patties, which I had for a meal with the previous day’s leftover chili. Ended the day with some French fries, because, let’s face it, there wasn’t time for much else (stupid, I know). Today there were pancakes for breakfast, partly because tenant joined us and because big brother had to go into the yard to water what we didn’t have time for yesterday, and because on Sunday we never have fresh bread. Supper consisted of red beets with rice, and tonight, after the jog, again chickpea patties with mustard, Maggi, sweet chilli sauce and cheese. Gawd, that was good. I ate too much. Hah.

Other than that…well, not much more going on. It is still warm, though the temperature is lower than yesterday, I think. I might actually sleep without feeling like there’s a hairblower on my face. Hah.
Okay, heading out. Got a new day coming fast.

No comments: