Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Peace at last

Song of the day: “Grenade” by Bruno Mars. Still an awesome song.

Well, not a lot going on over here, thank Gawd. In fact, stuff has been wonderfully quiet for a change. I mean it, yesterday, while in the yard planting some odd 50 seedlings, I almost was brought to tears. I had missed the gardening soooooo much these past few months, while we were busy with so much other stuff. The hospital, the cabin building, the jobs, the markets, for a moment, while I had my hands into the rich soil up to my wrists, I felt solidly sorry for myself. *sigh* thought that it was awful that there was so little time to do the things I wanted instead of the things that needed to be done…then of course reality arrived and I was able to dismiss the silly thoughts and just enjoy the experience. No sense in wallowing in stuff that doesn’t really matter. The yard is there, and I’ll see more of it for sure the next few months, I’m sure.
Once the plants were in the earth, big brother and I set up the usual reed fences to protect the youngsters from the dogs. Looks all nice and proper again. And added to that, we’re finally getting around to putting the strawberries from the pots into the ground. It was about time.

Got another batch of seedlings out this morning, too, seeing as I had to go to the village again, for my daily visit to the vet with Knight II. His foot is looking better (keeping my fingers crossed that he will leave the friggin’ paw alone, for crying out loud) the cream working. Turns out they’re using a nifty little cream with calendula in it. I remember some odd 10 years ago when I’d suggest Calendula cream to help healing wounds faster and the vet or doctor looking at me as if I was one can short of a six pack. *sigh* And now there it is, a real “official” medicine cream which is basically a copy of the cream that they took from the shelves as hocus pocus years ago. Ah well, no matter. At least Knight II will heal better because of it.
But anyway, both trips went well, and Knight is slowly getting to the point where he actually greets the vet and goes for a petting.

Caused the vet some worry yesterday. When I asked at what time I could be at the practice, in case I had to go to work afterward, they understood I would be there at ten. Then when it turned out that I didn’t need to go to work, I figured that I might as well go at eleven, giving me the time to do laundry and to feed the dogs. Anyway, when I didn’t turn up at ten, they started worrying about the dangers on our mountain road, and decided to phone to make sure that everything was alright. *sigh* I better be sure not to have a misunderstanding like that again.

Speaking of Knight II: I wrote to the market lady, asking if maybe they could make an exception for Knight (dogs are not allowed there), just until his paw is healed. They took pity on me and told me they’d make an exception and let Knight come with me. *phew* Such a relief, after the whole mess on Monday. I was really not looking forward to leaving him alone for two days again, who knew what might have happened…on the other hand, it might turn out to be a moot point in the end. According to the weather predictions the weekend is going to be a rainy one, meaning that the market will be canceled. Hah. Be that as it may, since the wound is that massive, he might get his chance next week, but what the heck, we’ll see, eh? Doesn’t a free weekend sounds swell? It does to me. Hah.

There were a couple of cooking sessions, of course, yesterday pumpkin, pepper and onion mush to spread on my lentil patties, and today a hearty ratatouille over spaghetti. Both meals went down well, despite my recurring nausea. *sigh* Very annoying, that.

What else. The new job is official. We’ll be building a balcony in the near future. I sent the estimate to the boss lady this afternoon, and we’ve more or less agreed to the terms. It’s going to be a nice challenge, I think, working with new materials for a change, rather than cast-offs and 2nd hand stuff. This will not simply be something usable, but it also has to be pretty, which is also extremely nice to do.

Oh right, how could I forget. We have a new adoptee. Yep. Little sister missed her dead Djoti too much, so today she and mom liberated an abandoned Irish Setter from the pound. It’s a beautiful dog, and though I would have preferred to get the list of our pets down, it is of course little sister’s choice. I just hope that we can manage it in the future, with this economy, eh?

Harvested loads of peppers yesterday, along with more than fifty pumpkins. What with the temps rapidly dropping, and the rain pouring down, it’s time to get what we can from the summer veggies. They won’t last long, I tell ya.

Hauled dog food, which was delivered again, to the storage. Was properly out of breath, which was a good follow up on the wood I’d hauled up from the lower yard. We’ve got a solid amount of wood going with that tree down, I’ll admit. Several days worth of heat at least.

Big brother has been busy building a closet lately. It’s working out rather nicely, I’ll admit. He wants to put his computer in, and hung it in a spot where it will be most useful to him.

Writing wise I’m SLOWLY shlogging my way through. Got the manuscript up to 30 pages at least, so despite the fact that I sometimes want to scream that it’s going so slow, I am making headway. That’s all that really matter anyway.

Well, that’s it for me. Midnight is here, and I need some shuteye .

No comments: