Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

No Cabin after all

Song of the day: “Call me maybe” by Carly Ray Jepsen. Cool song, if a little simple. I always end up with only the chorus repeating inside my head.

So the weekend is a bit of a blur inside my head, which isn’t unusual considering they both involved the same activity. Market days. Yes, I know, it’s weird, but what the heck. The only way I can keep them separate is because on Saturday we had the Land Rover and the big load, while on Sunday we were with the Opel and wagon, and only half the load. I tell ya, the big load’s a lot, in particular since our new spot is waaaaaay inside the place (a good 150 yards) and we needed about ten trips to get everything in there. I kid you not, it took us a solid two and a half hours to get everything there and then set up. No major sales either (and us keeping a constant eye on the weather because there was a threat of rain) just some baby clothes, a cat house and a down payment on this massive pink dog bed that we’ve got to hold onto ‘till November. They loved it at first sight, and barged right in to hear if they could do a down payment so they could pay the rest when they came pick it up. Sure, no prob. *sigh*
Other than the sales, they were fun days. Lotsa stuff to see, lotsa folks to talk with, including other stand holders, and the organizer. So busy, keeping track of everything, trying to keep everyone happy.
There was a shortage of clothes’ racks, and since she was desperate for it, I figured she could give ours to the stand holders beside us. Instead I asked for three small tables, which I used as a closet of sorts to put my tie dyes in. Managed to have it look nice in the end. The way I figure, there’s no sense in getting set in my ways. It’ll just make me lazy. A bit of change every now and then will keep the creative juices going at least, have me think, rather than do stuff on automatic…which I hate. If I do something on automatic that means I’m not actually doing “IT” and if I’m not DOING it, what is the point to that at all?...I know, that’s way to confusing. Forget I said anything.
Where was I…who cares. There was some really nice music during the day, and while we were packing up I danced to Paul Simon’s “Diamonds on the soles of her shoes”. I love it when there’s music like that.
The guy I spoke to on the other market the other day came by and we talked a lot about art being underpaid and how folks really don’t like spending much at markets. *sigh* It’s a well-known problem.
The ordered dog bed was picked up while I was writing at the restaurant (did a total of nine pages in the past two days…a good thing, considering I’m a bit too tired tight now to do anything more constructive than write this blog) and according to cousin Ed she LOVED it. Yay.

Saturday ended with taking half the stuff from the Land Rover and reloading everything into the Opel and wagon while the younger sibs started loading up for their own market. The evening was a bit of a late one, so I didn’t get all the much sleep. Added to that, I wasn’t feeling all that peachy by the time morning arrived and it was time to get ready for departure. I was nauseous, had a tickle in my throat, and suffered from a light fever, I think. Dozed a little on the way to the market and felt better once the unloading bit started.
Last night I was almost on time getting to bed, which brings us to this morning, doesn’t it. Not the best of mornings, I tell ya.
First off, we had an appointment with Liane (you know the lady from the fence, right?) so the plan was that big brother would feed the dogs and gather tools while I took Knight II out to the vet so she could exchange his bandage.
Had to wait a bit when I arrived, and when my turn arrived the crapper had happened, somehow (we still don’t know how since his boot hadn’t been off) Knight II had managed to wreck his stitches during the weekend. Aaaargh! So that meant more than an hour of holding “the Knight” down while he had a mild sedative and local anesthetic and they took out the old stitches, scraped everything clean and started stitching again.

Okay, short interruption. Had to bring The Chaos to bed. The moment I mentioned “bed” he jumped up (for as far as that is possible with his sausage body) and ran after me to the cabin to throw his front paws against the bed and hop there ineffectively as he waited for me to lift him up. *sigh* No pride for that dog when it’s about the bed, is there.

Whatever.
So that would have been all to it, in regards to Knight II, but in the midst of the “operation” there was a phone call of another customer who needed his paperwork emailed ASAP because he needed it to get his dog on the plane to Australia of all places. So that meant waiting half an hour with a passed out Knight before they returned to wrap his paw back up and helping me get his half sleeping body to the car. Gawd, he’s a heavy bugger.

But anyway, since I had to go home to pick up big brother (slurp coffee and grab a sandwich for breakfast) we were terribly late for our appointment. Did manage to send a short SMS just when we were about to embark on the journey there, Knight snoozing on the backseat. *sigh* Arrived about forty minutes late and got to it.
The pool had to be broken down (it had almost blown away at some point, forcing Liane to hang on to the thing for half a day) so while big brother worked on the geyser (it was plugged again) I started on that.
It only took about two hours to get the whole lot cleaned up, and in-between we discussed the plans. No cabin after all, but a large balcony instead, and maybe tiling the terrace in front of the house. It’ll take a while to set up, but I think it’ll look good in the end. Actually already checked prices for wood (love carpentry) which means that I have to put together an estimate of sorts. Not tonight, though. Too tired. We’ll see how that goes.

Well, that’s it for me. It’s not like I’m getting any writing done right now…and it’s past midnight again, darn it. Grrr.
I’m outta here.

No comments: