Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Friday, June 14, 2013

3 hours! Yikes!

Song of the day: “You’re cooler than me” by Mike Posner. I still find it a catchy and funny song. End up bouncing around when it comes on (as in the radio of iTunes, not when it’s in my head) every time.

Bad news first. Well, not really bad, just troubling. Sitabah has been feeling “off” these past few days to when I saw her shiver this afternoon, and heard her moan and tuck in her stomach while she tried to lie down, we decided to play it safe and take her to the vet for a quick check. Otherwise you’ll see we’ll have to rush there during the night, or tomorrow after visiting hours. That’s always how it goes, ya know. So we went, and she got looked at, and turned out to have a fever. Also some mucus around the eyes, and a sensitive belly…so just to be sure she’ll be going on antibiotics for the next two weeks. *sigh*

But okay, we’ll just have to see how that goes for the next three to four days. On to the past couple of days, shall we. Well, I’ve opened another blog. Unlike this one where I just jabber on most of the time, I’ll be using that primarily as a photo blog I hope that in the near future I’ll be able to get some portraits on there, which is course the plan. Hah. Maybe I’ll even manage to talk some people on the market into posing. That would be cool. You’ll have to see. This is the link: http://samayasview.blogspot.com.es/
I’m going to try to post a picture on there a few times a week, but we’re going to have to see how that goes.

Today was a bit of an aberration, in particular since I felt absolutely awful this morning after I managed to write about one page in two hours. My ears were humming, my eyes stinging, and nausea swirled in my stomach. So rather than schlep my way through the day, I decided to head for bed and catch some zzzzs.

Slept for three friggin’ hours, and had the oddest dream that I was out for a job interview at this limo company. My interview involved driving the owner in a somewhat dilapidated looking Limo on a rather long and winding road that just kept going down and down. At a certain point I started to notice that the brakes were rather sloppy, which I mentioned to the owner, who just shrugged and told me to go on. I did, and once the road straightened out, we suddenly came across this rather massive bump in the road which I barely managed to go slow enough not to scrape the bottom of the car. I stopped right after, and looked at the interview guy who looked harried, got out, walked around the limo twice staring intently, and then said: “Can you start Sunday?”

*snort* That’s about when I woke up a little overheated and a little grumpy. Don’t you just hate wasting an afternoon like that? I sure do. But, admittedly, I’ve been burning the candle on both ends a little lately, so it’s not surprising that it caught up with me.

I was a good Sammie again, because I ate my meat right after. Didn’t complain (too much) stuffed it down my throat and only needed one chocolate cookie afterward to rinse the taste away. Hah. Then it was time to start loading the car for tomorrow’s market. Since we’re sharing a spot with someone, we’ll have to arrange everything different than the last few times, so I’m taking less tables. Less hauling that way anyway.

Sally came back home today. It was a close call whether it was going to be yesterday, but alas, another trip to the hospital had to be taken. Sally was her usual (at least what is usual for her these days) grumpy self and needed quite a bit of help after two weeks of inactivity.
No time for cooking today…luckily yesterday was an entirely different matter.
The day started at usual (too early to my liking, hah) with the normal chores after which we had to rush into the yard because the past two days hadn’t allowed for us to water the plants at all. Poor darlings were looking miserable, so we spent about an hour watering the lot, harvesting broccoli, sugar peas and zucchinis. In other words, dinner. Hah.

What followed was an hour and a half of writing, after which big brother helped tenant to her bed for a nap while I started to do some cleaning in the carport, because let’s face it, the place was starting to look like a pigsty. Hah. We had tentatively planned to work on the kitchen, but what the hey, another day won’t matter. Hah

Had to go out again, another donation, food past the expiration date for the dogs, mind you. Much appreciated that, what with the price dog food rising steadily.

Grandpa wasn’t feeling well in the morning, but luckily it got better during the day. He did call the doctor, just to be sure that it had nothing to do with the pills. According to the doctor it was unlikely, so grandpa was reassured by that.

Played around with my camera a little yesterday. Got some nice shots done, know a little more about the machine. So far I am happy with the thing. It’s pretty much self-explanatory, and I think I’ll get it figured out in time.
Also messed with the new blog, of course, trying out letter types and all. It’ll take some time, but then it should look very nice at some point. Hah

Cooking involved the morning’s harvest. Broccoli with the sugar peas baked in butter, with rice and coconut milk-curry zucchinis on the side. It went down remarkably well.

Knight II’s ear is doing well enough, all things considered and…yikes almost midnight. I gotta go. In six hours I gotta be up again. :-)

No comments: