Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Thursday, June 13, 2013

It's here!

Song of the day: “Let the sun shine”, by Labrinth, and boy did it ever. Today was our first real summery day, and it was wonderfully scorching. Seriously, today I knew that it was June, and it was wonderful.

Alright then, the fun bit today. While we were at Spanish lesson today, I got a message that my camera arrived and that I could go pick it up. Yay. So exciting…if not a little daunting. I’ve played around a little with digital photography with my phones, but this is the first time I’ll be working with a digital camera, after using the Pentax (film) for the last time some odd ten years ago. *sigh* I miss that old thing, I tell ya.
But anyway, I fooled around with it a little during the course of the evening…until the light faded, that is. Here are a few shots, just to see how it looks. I still have to figure out about the lighting, but that’ll take time an practice of course.

The Dax. At least he posed for me.


Sitabah. Caught her just in time. When I tried again, she turned her head away.


Indigo. All's well in Indigo's world. No worries.


The Chaos...he refused to pose. See that eye? That was all the response I got for calling him.


Kollosus, who's a little on the skinny side at the moment.


But I’ll figure it out, just you wait and see.

So yeah, let’s get to the past couple of days, shall we? Am happy to report that yesterday I got more than seven hours of sleep and last night I also made the seven hour mark, so I’m a little less ragged at the moment. Yay. Do wake up a lot lately, and am not entirely sure why. Might be that I’m not getting enough exercise lately. Some situps in the evening and going up the hospital stairs just won’t cut it. I either need a boxing session, or a jog…better yet, both. Hah.

Did some writing, of course, along with editing for E.D. But also proofreading for ATOL, which is partly for fun, and partly to see if it is good enough to send out to publishers. I like it, but there are times that I fear that it might be written a bit old fashioned, and not at all snappy the way folks seem to like these days. Ah well, only one way to find out, right.

Knight II had to go back to the veterinary. Discovered during the weekend that his ear (you remember the last time, right?) was swelling up again. Yep, the fun’s starting all over again, darn it. He had to have a whole operation, and now his ear is filled with sutures once more. Little darling is even a little depressed, I fear.

Had to go to hospital again. Sally still isn’t being discharged. They’re not happy with her blood, so far, so she’s there to stay…for now. Added to that, she’s terribly confused, not to mention convinced that the staff is “doing this to her” and that they’re all out to make her miserable, and are holding her against her will for weeks and weeks, and weeks. Not to mention that she’s being left to her own resources, and that no one ever comes to visit. *sigh* Most of our visits is talking her out of these delusions, and calm her down enough for her to get a little less down. Luckily, by the time our visits come to an end, she’s in much better spirits.
Anyway, it was some sort of holiday, so our plan to get Sally some of her much wanted kefir and fruit was foiled. The trip to the hospital went pleasantly fast, however, and at the hospital there was no one around in the stairwell to hear me puff like a steam locomotive on my way up the steps. Hah.

Strangely enough, opposite to Marbella, town was mostly open, so we did manage to get some groceries. Not a lot, mind you. Don’t need all that much these days, and besides, we’re being frugal.
Could pick up Knight II, who was still fuzzy, but more than willing to get the heck out of there.
Then there was cooking (chili with patties) proofreading and then, thankfully the day came to an end…only to start all over again today. *snort*

Yep. The usual chores, of course. Then Spanish homework for the simple reason that we didn’t find the time for it during the week. Next there was a quick breakfast, at which point big brother and I decided it would be smarter for us to just drive on to Marbella after Spanish lesson, and visit with Sally again. Otherwise we’d just have to head back home (going half the distance) only to have cousin Ed then drive back to the hospital, while we might as well get that over with. Sally was in a better mood today, at least.

Lesson didn’t go as well as yesterday. My brain just wouldn’t cooperate today. Very annoying. Did have a good conversation, however, which is also fun (while still being educational) since there are more and more words that I recognize.

Once we got back from the hospital (having missed lunch, we decided to snack on French bread and cream cheese) we picked up my camera, with which I played a bit, of course. Then we got home, I took a quick dip and then it was time to cook. Had a nice elaborate meal today. Baked tortellini, baked carrots with cauliflower, and mushrooms on the side. Went down really well.

And then, as the evening slowly drew to an end, another proofreading session, followed by the blog…et voila. That’s it. That’s all she wrote for today. No mas. Hah

No comments: