Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Boring day, so here's a little ramble.

I’m actually not in the mood to write today, but I know that if I start to lapse in the routine I’m so going to sleaze my way out on posting at all, so I should really just rattle something down for routine’s sake.

But what to talk about? Today was really such a boring day that writing it down seems somewhat redundant.

I mean, seriously; I wake up to a semi-sunny morning, the dogs make a racket as usual and I make my way down to the house after some reading and the morning rituals.

There’s laundry, feeding Yadzia, doing some Internet stuff, study for the exams (oh Gawd that’s so darn boring) and cooking dinner.

This was a successful endeavor by the way. Fried rice with chopped peanuts, onion, garlic, curry herbs and coconut shavings, oh my. I love it! Even the canned green beans on the side, baked in curcuma and cilantro and more of the coconut shavings were good, which is a miracle considering that fresh or frozen they’re much better.

Oh, and I trimmed mom’s hair. How’s that for excitement. Perhaps I should describe the cut and make up an individual little story for every hair that was cut. Hah.

But seriously, I didn’t have any inspiration for writing today and that always depresses and frustrates me. What with the distractions of late it isn’t really a surprise, but still, it’s annoying.
It will come back once we get into the swing of our old schedule again, I’m sure, but until then I’ll just have to live with the disappointment.

So what else is there to talk about? Not much that’s a fact.
Maybe something in the news. Oh yeah, I heard a most astounding bit of news about the Nobel prizes.
Apparently Obama has been nominated for one, and in all honesty this baffles me a little…okay, a lot…if it’s true, which I find I hard to believe.

I mean, the man has grand plans (that seem to be rather unrealistic in the long run on the most part, but what the hey) and everything, but why a Nobel prize? What’s it for? What’s he done? And in case this is a pre-doing prize, what can he realistically do in a world that works globally more than anything?

He’s been in office for what now? A month…two? I can’t figure out what he has done except being elected president of the States? Is that the grand achievement that earns such a heralded nomination?
Never saw someone else get one for that reason.
And it’s not like everyone already knew him before that, and that he’s known for actual achievements that were groundbreaking.

I don’t remember him being incarcerated for fighting against unjust acts all over the world, or making grand sacrifices to achieve peace. He was a lawyer for God’s sake.
Did he create a miracle cure? Fight genocide in third world countries? Fight apartheid? Create peace between two brutally battling countries? Or anything that would warrant such a nomination? I think not.

It all comes across as giving an Oscar to a new upcoming actor before the movie is made, doesn’t it?
It just seems a little off to me, all things considered, and it also is a little insulting to those who have fought their entire lives and suffered greatly for what they thought was right.

It diminishes the bravery of many before him, sorta like saying; hey, you don’t have to hit the streets and do good deeds, and get your butt kicked for it. You can also just sit in a plush office and “talk” about all you want to achieve…but maybe that’s just me, I don’t know.

Okay, my little ramble is over now, and I really don’t know what else to write about, so I’ll leave it like this and hope that tomorrow is a better day for a Blog.

No comments: