Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Friday, February 27, 2009

Post exam exhaustion?

I wake on my usual time this day, after a particularly troublesome struggle with Knight II earlier in the morning has left my knee pretty sore once more.
The idiot giant dog had his teeth in the bottom of my quilt and was gleefully dragging it off me and into the sitting area of the cabin.

I, of course, was stupid enough to try to keep the dratted thing in place, and ended up bracing myself with…you guessed it, the bad knee. Pop! Such a wonderful sound, and also so very much appreciated. Though it throbbed considerably, it didn’t stop me from falling back to sleep however, so all was not lost. Hah.

I’m up for about ten minutes when the phone rings, displaying the school number, suddenly reminding me that the results of yesterday’s debacle should be in. I pick up the phone and listen. I FAILED the test with four mistakes, rather than the three that are allowed. Drat! If only I had gotten that motorcycle question right, I would have made it, like big brother who had only two mistakes.

I am happy I didn’t mess up with the four-digit code I had to put in, though, cause that would have been so very embarrassing. Gawd! Can you imagine my mortification if that had happened? Here I’d gone through extra trouble to know exactly what to fill in on the form, and then a stupid mistake like that? Aaargh. Luckily this wasn’t the case. Of seven students, only two passed–big brother being one of them. Yay.

Teach is very sorry, and when I tell her that while going over the questions last night, we’d already figured that out, she assures me that I did well anyway, since some of those I related to her were indeed very strange. Compared to the older test big brother got, mine were pretty much disastrous. Ah well…

We agree that I’ll retake the test next week, and we’ll discuss any more preparations when I come in the next time to do some more studying. After hanging up I mutter a few “stupid, stupids” to myself and then sigh with resignation. No sense in worrying about it now.

With only a mild discomfort that makes me favor the knee a little more I make the bed, get dressed and then head down to the house with the still somewhat fuzzy dogs in tow.

No laundry today, so I feed Yadzia and myself after turning on the coffee machine.
I am rather concerned about Yadzia, he’s been having quite a bit of trouble with his back, and while talking with big brother we decide to go to the vet later today and see what can be done.

With that plan set, I get my coffee and OJ and settle at the table.
Though I had almost eight hours of sleep, the stress of the past week is definitely taking its toll for my eyes are at half mast again as I spend a couple of hours going over the messages and chat forums.

Two hours pass before it’s time to head out to take Yadzia to the vet. He’s wagging his tail, his back tense but his movements easy enough as I help him into the car with an enthusiastic Mosha leading the way, and depart.

Upon arrival the young vet asks how Yadzia has been doing and nods when I tell her that the last steroid injection appears to have done little good, and takes a moment to check out his back. He alternates between looking at me and then back at her, and so on, before we finally decide to try out Rymadyl which is a anti-inflammatory painkiller for animals that should at least take care of some of his discomfort. It’s not looking good, however, since there is little else that can be done for him.

Relieved that I haven’t been forced to make the dreaded decision yet, we head on back, drop Yadzia and Mosha off at the house and then continue on our way to town so I can have another lesson at school.

Big brother, having surmised that some extra tests won’t harm him either (though relieved that he had easy questions, he rather knows all of the answers for when the next stage starts) is with me, and heads for the computers while I spend some time with teach to go over the questions I typed out. A total of twenty-seven questions and answers stuck in the end and teach is pretty happy about them, since they’ll allow her to bring the other students up to date as well as to what they can expect.

We spend approximately two hours there, before heading back home where an exuberant pack and dinner awaits.
I’m exhausted, for some reason, and soon find myself dropping off in my chair while “The Mentalist” is on TV. I snooze for a couple of hours, the warmth from the heaters making me toasty warm in the seat, until I’m startled awake by Dax, who jumps on top of me.

I have a quick snack and do some chores and then head on up to my room for the remainder of the evening.

While feeding the dogs, I prepare Yadzia’s snack, and as soon as he’s emptied his bowl, I stuff one of the painkillers down his throat, turning just in time to catch Knight II by the collar, when the idiot comes bounding into the cabin at top speed. If I hadn’t he’d have bowled right over me, I’m sure. Hah.

And with today’s Blog over and done with, I can call it a night. Yay!

No comments: