Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Quicky post.

So this post is going to be a hasty one, and at an unusual time at that. Exam day is here, so within the next nine friggin’ hours I need to be on the way to the city so I can go stand in line waiting for the proverbial ax to fall. Yuck. I’m just going to keep my fingers crossed.

Last night wasn’t too pleasant, and I don’t even want to contemplate what tonight’s going to be like?

I get called from a solid sleep six time by some asinine twat (or two) from an unfamiliar phone number that–after surfing the Net–turns out to be a known number of a telemarketing or scam company in Madrid. Aaargh. I wish I’d used every foul word I ever knew by the time they phoned me for the 3rd time disturbing a rather particularly interesting dream.

They stop calling, around the time I get up and let the pack out of the cabin and start on the morning rituals. After reading for about fifteen minutes I get dressed and head on down to the house, Yadzia and Bommel, once again bringing up the rear. I shake my head when Trin Trin and Knight II dash into the courtyard ahead of me, practically tripping over their own feet along the way.

The knee is doing well enough, and with that in mind I do a partial workout. I have to skip the left side hits, I can only do about sixty jumps and knee kicks don’t go too well either but at least I got through most of them without too much discomfort…or at least so I thought. Afterwards I am sore like heck, but feeling decidedly cheered.

Of course I am stupid enough to postpone taking a painkiller…I plan to do it later, just before leaving…and spend several hours going over our lesson material before it is time to head towards town. I am in fact running late, so by the time we arrive at school, I’ve forgotten the painkillers and seriously uncomfortable. Slowly I hack my way through the tests, wondering how much time I’m going to have to waste on hobbling towards the Pharmacy around the corner, but I decide to wait it out instead.

I end up doing four tests without error, two with one, and one with three. I would have passed, but at the end of those two hours I am starting to seriously fade out and am very happy that the night has come to an end. Heading home, without any detours for a change, we discuss tomorrow’s plans, realizing, as we’re driving up the mountain that twelve hours from then we’ll be hacking away at the exams…if no disasters strike.

Little sister cooked, gratefully, so both big brother and I stuff ourselves with spaghetti and sauce, stocking up on carbs, and basically trying to shut our brains off for the remainder of the night. Luckily Tuesday is a good day for TV entertainment. First up is a new episode of “NCIS”, which was brilliant a usual, of course. So intense, poor Ziva. Caught me by surprise, but good.

Next is “Flashpoint” which I find to be boring, but this is followed by “Burn Notice”, a show that I’m loving more every time, which bleeds into “Las Vegas”. This is our last entertainment of the night, since right after this I’m going to have to rush to get ready for bed and zonk out.

Not that I mind. I am rather tired, but usually when I try to get to bed early, I will start worrying about practically anything…and I doubt that tomorrow’s schedule will be an exception.
If all goes well, this time tomorrow I’ll know if I’ve passed the exams.

No comments: