Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Monday, August 10, 2009

Filk anyone?

Song of the day: “Me, myself and I” by, well, me. Thank the KTT11 on Amazon. Thought of a filk last night, kept me up half of it, and now it’s been going through my mind all day.

So most people down know what a filk is, basically it’s a song with funny lyrics that ideally rhyme...I think.

Here it is:

Inside the mind of the writing fool
Too many characters fill the pool
There's the idea, the to-be-written and the complete
Inside the crazy mind they all compete

From deep down below
They bubble up, come to life and overflow
Like a jackrabbit they bounce high and low
Never forget you reap what you sow

Me, myself and I
We never agree, no matter how hard I try

Basic thoughts that come to life
Bring lotsa laughter and much strife
Running off inside our mind
We have to follow, see what we find

Follow that rainbow
Haul, tug, drag and tow
Be careful, don't stub your toe
Remember what you reap is what you sow

Me, myself and I
We never agree, but we do fly

Stumble through a fighting scene
Laugh, cry or be serene
It matters not, we get where we have to be
Jump that hurdle, climb that mountain and you'll see

No simple words can bring fatigue
But perhaps a little mystique
They make us swear they make us whole
One by one they're a part of our soul

Me, myself and I
Who will win? It's a tie

Make my story, I wanna live
Come on, I've got so much more to give
They'll never stops they'll never cease
Not even when we say, pretty please

Write and write, go with the flow
Take it high, take it low
It doesn't matter if it's friend or foe
Just remember to reap what you sow

Me, myself and I
Maybe we should eat some pie

Take that next page to the limit
Come on, throw your heart out, give in, give it
You can do it, just coil that muscle, make it taut
Grind that last brain cell, spell it out

Thus the hero and his heroine come inside the brain
Is it a wonder that we are not so sane
Once they have a look, a face, a name
You cannot hold them back with a cane

Me, myself and I
We're here, just give a sigh

The chatter never stops
It will go on until something pops
Make it so, do this edit
You can make me, see, I just read it

Take a bow
Hug a cow
It's not so strange just wow
Just do it, do it now

Me, myself and I
We're together until we die

So yeah, there’s what’s been in my head most of the day. I was a little late this morning, so I was hurrying through the motions: Last night I managed to write an extra scene for “Commanding Morgan” and we want to do the edit this morning. The new scene is actually a good one, we only needed to make a few changes, afterwards we do several more pages and then it’s time to head outside.

The younger sibs wove another mat, while big brother started to saw through little brother’s wall so we could set the window. While they were doing that, I made cement and reattached several roof tiles before I could head inside and work on the plaster around the new window that fit perfectly.
It took some time, but in the end, I did manage to work it into the rather jagged edges until it looked as if the window had been there forever. Beautiful. Now all we have to do is the outside and both windows will be properly set.

When I brought the dogs to the courtyard, Knight II once again got into an argument with Fortuyn through the gate trellis, so yeah, he opened up his tail again by slamming it against the rock wall. He just doesn’t realise his own strength I guess.

As planned last night, we went for a run. Excellent distance, good time and feeling properly revitalized to get new batch of rocks in a spot we hadn’t yet located until tonight. We load the car up to full capacity in the dark and then head home for a really late dinner. Gawd I was so hungry, I ate a full plate completely empty. It was so good. Baked potatoes, red beets and cheese; absolutely delicious.

So, let’s see if I can do another edit tonight, but even if I don’t, this was definitely a good day.

1 comment:

Jenclone said...

omg. what are you supposed to do when your own song is stuck in your head? that's hilarious.