Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Nothing of much interest.

Song of the day: “9 million bicycles” by Katie Melua. The first one I ever heard of this particular artist, and she’s stuck with me ever since.

Got too little sleep, of course, since big brother and I ended up proofreading an hour later than usual, but then I took a five minute catnap during the manuscripts improvements this morning, so no harm no foul. Hah.
Made excellent progress during the course of five hours behind the computers: caught a few more technicalities, shifted around and removed some punctuation, and actually found another typo *gasp*, other than that, there is little to nothing memorable to today’s proofreading.

The dogs enjoyed their usual howling session once they got outside, so they had their fun while we started to work on the projects. The younger sibs and I finished the last bit of yesterday’s small wall…I’m gonna have to post pictures soon…and started on the small island beside big brother’s stairs (he did the second step today).

Considering the day was still relatively young, I spent the remainder of it cleaning the terraces and stairs, and then, since I’ve a hankering for some exercise, but think it’s a waste to do it with useless fitness, I grab the wheelbarrow and haul rocks down the mountain.
I manage four full ones before I’m thoroughly out of breath (the trick is to go back at a semi-jog, hah) and am sweating considerably when dusk has settled fully and I headed inside for a nice dip in the pool.

What with the low temperatures these past few weeks, evening dips have become rare, so it was rather nice, really. Next followed dinner the blog, and I’m thoroughly tired so regretfully this is all for the day. Maybe I’ll manage another proofreading, and if not, well, I might need to make it an early night and get some proper sleep. Hah.

No comments: