Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Friday, September 4, 2009

A little distracted.

Song of the day: “Ain’t love a kick in the head” by Westlife (originally Frank). Gawd, I’m having this one a lot, and I don’t even like Sinatra, hah.

Like planned I got up early this morning to take our tenant to her doctor’s appointment over in Marbella. Strangely enough the day started off hot, which was a first this summer. Really weird, but then, considering the temperatures usually start to drop exactly after the seventh of August, maybe we’re just going to have our last hot days…personally I’m hoping for some extras, nut we’ll see.

Hmmm, where was I; got a bit distracted, I think. Ehm…oh yeah, had to leave early for the doctor’s appointment. Right. So we took the beach road, and were making good time - considering we were about ten minutes late leaving home - right until a police car came tearing past, lights flashing. I knew it right then, and the next thing I know the road is jamming up, and we’re stuck in it for at least an hour. What are the chances, of picking this road for the first time in months and then getting a traffic jam. Darn it!

In the end, it isn’t such a big problem after all, since the delay allowed for our tenant to go on to her doctor immediately, rather than wait the habitual hour. I’m actually regretful of it today; I’d taken the computer along and I’d fully intended to do some writing while I waited, so now I only managed half a page or so.

The trip home is pretty uneventful and after a much-needed dip in the pool, (greeting the pack, of course) throwing some laundry in the machine and a very late breakfast we start doing the proofreading corrections. In the hours that follow, we get a full chapter done, making them pass really fast.

It is still hot when we head out, and rather than stand in the scorching sun working with rocks and cement we decide to do more carpentry. I’ve been wanting a small window in my bathroom ever since we built the cabin, so since there isn’t much else we can do, this particular project gets started on.

What with the supplies we’ve gathered over the past few months we’ve got everything we need stored away, so it is not a difficult task at all. So while I start sawing a square out of the wall, little brother paints the frame big brother made and within a couple of hours it can be set.

While little brother finishes up with adding some final licks of paint big brother, middle sister and I head down to the old pool where the new balustrade still needs to be set. Considering all the wood is already cut and painted, this only takes an hour and by then night has fallen.

So it might not have been the smartest idea to have little sister make one batch of cement (we hadn’t figured it would take a whole hour) because when we’re done the light is really gone and we still need to finish it on the small sections around the new stairs.

When we’re finally done, I’m more than happy to call it a day, (hauling those last rocks was like…exhausting, hah) and head for the pool for a quick dip. This morning’s laundry still needs to be hung, but once that’s done, we head inside to have a late dinner and relax a little.

Yep, another busy day, and since I’m on time with the blog for a change, I think I’m going to do a little surfing online now. Hah.

No comments: