Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Thursday, September 3, 2009

No time.

Song of the day: “Barbie girl” by Aqua. Oh my gawd, it’s been ages, and it is such a silly song that I was almost embarrassed to sing it. But since that is the only way for the song to get out of my head, I did it anyway…of course I had “Dr. Jones” the song’s sequel in my head afterwards, but what the hey; by now my brain is amazingly empty.

Let’s see what I did today, ‘cause I need to get to bed early (have to drive our tenant to a doctor’s appointment) so I’m just going to rush through it a little.

I had some trouble sleeping last night, so I got way too little sleep. Not that it matters, but it was annoying. My mind just wouldn’t stop spinning. Anyway, finally I got to sleep and then didn’t go into R.E.M., which made the night a jumble of dreams.

When the alarm goes of I’m reasonably coherent, and I quickly go through the morning rituals before heading down to the house. The dogs are rather restless – I was obliged to lock Trin Trin up in the back yard until I was ready to go down, lest she attack one of the others - and make quite a racket. No mishaps, gratefully, and soon big brother and I are working on the proofreading corrections.

That done, we head outside and considering it is way too hot (hotter than it has been in weeks) for hard labor, like building walls of rocks. Our guest has arrived this morning and she joins us while we start working. So, the younger sibs start on weaving reed mats, while big brother, grandpa and I start with the carpentry project that is going to be a balustrade on the terrace surrounding the old pool.

Since the wood comes from the pallets we recently found, so long steel nails get removed, the wood sanded, and sawed. After a couple of hours, the temperatures have dropped enough to start making cement, and I do it so big brother can begin with the last step on the stairs. Before I join him, to make a low rock wall beside it, I go to the courtyard to make repairs on the plateau for the washing machine.

With that done, I worked on the small walls surrounding the stairs, and a small elevation where the next stairs will be, and finished the last bit of daylight sweeping the terrace of the terrace under my porch. There’s a really quick dip in the pool, I’m such a whiner, I find a pool of 24 degrees too cold these days. Hah.

But anyway, after hanging laundry, dinner and a quick surf on the Net, the day is over, with another proofreading. Yep, that’s about it.

No comments: