Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Saturday, December 18, 2010

When it rains it pours.

It does. Quite literally in fact.
It's been coming down all the day. Hah

Song of the day: “The Banana Boat Song” by Harry Belafonte and “Opposites attract” by Paula Abdul. I don’t know why, but the two songs were going through my head off and on during the day.

So let’s do this quick, because, as usual, time is short once more.
First off, I made pumpkin soup yesterday and it went splendidly, and just when I was done grinding the lot into a nice even mush, the pot slipped from between my hands and poured all over the furnace. Not funny, but the dogs loved helping clean up. Managed only to save 1/3 of the amount and luckily we could enjoy it both days.

Next, we spent an hour or so unloading the car from supplies and ended up processing pallet wood for storage. Got some nice slats of wood for the efforts.
Vinyl tiles aplenty for the new floor in the bus, which is really starting to become necessary. Rugs really don’t do the trick anymore, and when we start on that floor, we really should put in new wood in the bathroom floor, because that sure won’t hold much longer.

For what was left of the day we worked on the carport roof. We saw on the weather channel that there was rain coming, so while the sibs loaded up the car early, we finished up the extra bit of roof plating and painting the wood. Looking good, I assure you. Hah

Since the day wasn’t over by the time we were done, I spent the remainder of the afternoon sawing plating for big brother’s balustrade/wall. Since there are slight blemishes on the triplex wood, I finished up filling it with pliable wood in the last minutes of daylight.

There was a very decent edit at the end of the day. We managed to get through ten pages, so Yay! for us on that score. Hah. We did good, I think. There is very little left to change, and the things that need to be changed are just typos and missing words every now and then.

At the end of the evening, I really had to do some cleaning in my cabin. It was getting to be ridiculous. I changed my sheets, took away spider webs and scrubbed the toilet and sink. It was bad, I tell ya.

Today commenced with me baking pancakes up at tenant’s place. She really liked them too, so I figured I might as well do it in her company. Get her to help out to boot, and she did. She ended up making dough while I peeled and sliced apples. She ate two of them in fact. Regretfully she couldn’t go outside today, what with the rain coming down for the most of it. Boy, did it rain. It was pouring buckets…meaning we had to go down to the guest quarters to unplug the drains and open up gutters and such.

Luckily, by then there was a pause in the downpour, so all that got wet was the bottom of my pants trousers. My dogs didn’t like it at all, and were actually more than happy to spend the day in my cabin. Seriously, normally I can’t keep them inside with a stick, but today they were really well behaved. Whenever I went in and out of the place I would “stay” and they would actually listen…in fact, they would barely look up from whatever spot they were snoozing at. Hah.

We did a quick check of the greenhouse. The zucchini plants, lettuce and cauliflower are doing really well. And seeing as everything was properly wet, we didn’t need to water anything.

For the most part, today was all about working on these big wooden boxes (for drawers later on) for under big brother’s bed. It took some looking but in the end I found enough material to put together three of the things, that will make up the bottom of his king-size bed.
I really like carpentry work, if you must know. There is very little that compares to working with your hands and seeing a piece of furniture appear. It feels a lot like writing, I guess. You work on something for a long time. You design the lines of it, work on the idea, gather the ingredients and then put it all together until it has cohesion.

That’s it for today. I’ve got more edits to do, as usual, so I better get to it fast. Time’s a-wasting.

No comments: