Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Friday, July 8, 2011

Borrowing...yuck.

Song of the day: “Country Roads” by John Denver. I know, it really is an oldie, but I can't help that.

Today's blog is going to be a little short. My computer has broken down, you see, and big brother is trying to fix it as we speak, so to speak...and he just told me that he can't do it. Darn it! I hate it when a computer does that. In particular when it is something extremely silly, like the on button that doesn't work. Aaaargh. Seriously, I get incredibly POed, cranky, PMS and all that crap. I wanna scream, I wanna swear and...well, I just don't like writing on someone else's computer. It's like borrowing underwear or something...ooh, bad example! That's just gross. Forget I said that. Jeez.

Okay, yesterday was a nicely sweltering day that was spent in the full sun, baking my behind...well arms anyway, and the backs of my calves, (my feet were on fire. The good shoes with the insoles that I need get waaaaaayyy too hot!) and anything that wasn't covered by leather, denim or cotton turned to a nice crispy red...or felt that way. Hah. In fact, by the end of the day it wasn't all that bad, really. Just a little darker than usual and more than ready to settled down behind the computer for some REAL work.

Even though I was seriously distracted I did manage three pages by the end of the day (was interrupted by a quick drive to town to pick up Sally, who has a part time job now and needs to be picked up at the end of the day. By then wind had started to blow and the temperatures went down to downright pleasant by then. I could have sat in that wind all night, but of course sleep got precedence.

This morning started early with a dip in the pool (Knight II and Chaos joined me)laundry, tackling spiderwebs and then heading up to tenant's place to do today's bit on her wall. There were sections that had to be glued on the doorposts that we put in the other day, stuff to saw by the storage...which was interesting since the wood just didn't want to get cut until we got creative. Big brother pushed the hardwood slats through while I pressed sideways to keep it tight against the lead beam. I always get tense from working with the big saw table...remember that scene in Saw (one, two, three, four or five...whatever) where someone saws through (length wise, mind you) his arm. Insane, I tell ya. No one in his right mind does that. I mean, really. I saw what a machine like that did to big brother's thumb and finger way back when. *sigh*

We did supper down by the basin. Tenant was right there with us after she and caregiver took a dip in the pool and even though it was a rushed affair, it was a wonderful moment in the day. Then, of course, we had to head for town to pick up the papers for the Opel Astra, and a quick trip to the sea for some exercise. Finally didn't forget to bring my goggles and ended up doing some serious mileage in crawl, and butterfly. The water was incredibly cold, but also wonderful. I enjoyed it.

Well, big brother managed to get my computer on after all, so we're going to do a backup and then see if we can have it fixed tomorrow. It better be, because if they can't fix it I'm going to scream like a girl...or a banshee. Stupid technology. It's a button for crying out loud!

Cooking wise, this afternoon supper consisted of fresh veggies with macaroni, which was wonderful. And tonight I did my first experiment with fish. There might be a party to cater in the near future, so I want to at least be able to make fish. Since I don't know what the stuff's supposed to taste like and since I wasn't going to try to taste it either, tenant gladly offered herself as a test subject. I made two different types and she liked them both, she said. I'll have to experiment some more, of course, but it doesn't seem too big a problem.

The dogs were absolutely insane when we got home, but luckily settled down once the smell of fish filled the air. *sigh*

Ah well, I'm going to see if I can get some more writing done, and then maybe call it an early day. I am a bit tired after that swim and hauling butt up and down the mountain most of the day. Building projects always involves walking, because I always forget to take at least ten things from the carport.

Right, heading out.

No comments: