Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

We'll see...

Song of the day: “Foundations” by Kate Nash. Weird. I wasn’t even working on foundations today. Hah.

I’m way behind again, partly because I had to go out this afternoon for a semi-job interview. It is more or less a favor to an acquaintance of a friend, and it involves bringing a fellow to his hospital appointments this month. It won’t be too many trips, only three, so far, and it will be time consuming more than anything.
Personally, I don’t mind the chauffeuring, just the hospital waiting bit. Ah well, we’ll see how it goes, I guess. Met the fellow today, and…well, I’m going to wait and see what to think.

But let’s get back on track, and talk about yesterday first.
The day started early with a trip to town. I had to drop my computer off at the repair guy’s place, and though they were looking difficult, they did think they could fix it by replacing the button. I sure hope so, because this computer borrowing thing is driving me bonkers. Sure, a Mac is fine, heck, I wouldn’t even mind having one myself, but I want MY computer, darn it.
Well anyway, I won’t know for sure until tomorrow when they call me with an estimate. Darn it, the thing is only two or three years old.

We also checked the satalite store, because the house’s satalite receiver gave the spirit, and we’ll probably be forced to buy a new one. Which is ridiculous because we already had to buy a new one three years ago. Stupid technology, they do it deliberately, I tell ya. Take my power saving lamps, for instance. Two of them. I popped them in the light fixture in my bedroom some odd two years ago, and then, last week, within five days of each other, both just up and died on me. Stupid stuff, and then they make you pay extra for them.

Yesterday was once again spent watering plants. Summer is in full swing and plants really can’t be without water for more than three days now, and even that is stretching it…pity is that the basin finally ran out last night, meaning that as of now our veggies are no longer free. We are putting in drip hoses, so that should save some of the expence.

As for harvesting. At the moment we’re raking in green beans, some zucchini and tomatoes, and of course peppers. Used the first read ones just the other day, thank you very much. The zucchini’s are enough now to need freezing, so three more bags went into the deep freeze.

Herbs are drying nicely. We got a good stack of dried parsley going, and the basil…well, I’ll need to do more of that.

Have been experimenting with cooking some more. What with the nutrient shortage scare of last year, burgers of either soy beans, chickpeas, or lentils (or a mix of them all) and they are working out splendidly. Very filling and very, very tasty.

There was of course work to be done on Tenants room. Two windows are in, and so is the paneling on her eastern wall. It is really looking rather grand, fancy almost. I am pretty sure she’s going to love it.

I did quite a bit of writing, though it was on paper. This means that I can spent the remainder of today (about an hour left) jotting it down on my borrowed computer while wishing all that while that mine was back here, all fixed and good. Darn it.

Okay, gotta get started. I really should think of something fun to write about soon, don’t I. Who knows, maybe I’ll stumble onto a nice doctor to flirt with tomorrow. (Yeah right.)
*snort*

No comments: