Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

No more Saturdays

I will apologize in advance for the fact that I couldn’t keep my eyes open, and actually nodded off on occasion during this blog. If there’re any massive mistakes, blame it on that, okay. Hah.

Song of the day: “Perform this way” by Weird Al Yankovich. I know that the Gaga song is supposed to be great, but let’s face it, who can compete with Weird Al? Hah.

So let’s do this fast because I’m pretty much beat. I think it has to do with winter time having started, meaning I’m completely off balance again. *sigh* Ah well, it will pass, I hope.
Saturday. Right.
Well, of course it started out at the vet’s. Knight’s foot got bound again, after they had cut him open a little again. Yep. Otherwise the healing would last way longer, so they used this scoop sort of thing and scraped away closed skin to make it into a bloody mess again. Then new stitches were applied and bandage wrapped before I was sent off to go home and not come home until Monday…thankfully. The day afterward was a nicely quiet one, involving normal chores, like dog food, fixing a copper pot, loading up the wagon and Opel for Sunday and going out for a food donation for the dogs.

Lost the L little brother needs for the back window of the car (it’s a law in Spain that new drivers carry it visibly in the back of the car for a full year) which caused an exchange of words.
Me: “I put it “over there” because it was breaking over there in the car that I was loading it up.”
Little brother: “You have to leave it in the car.”
Me: “It was breaking.”
Little brother: “Why didn’t you put it in the dashboard cupboard?”
Me: “It’s full!”
Little brother: “Why not somewhere else like the door.”
Me: “I didn’t think of it.”
Little brother: mutters darkly.
Me: “Jeez. It’s not like I lost it on purpose.”
He stomps off.
As usual he sounded like you do something like that on purpose, just to spite him. *sigh* Little brothers are a pain in the behind, I tell ya. It also strengthens my belief that it never has any use to point an accusatory finger afterward. It is completely futile since it’s not as if you can change anything. Sure, you can snark a little, whine, complain, but that’s not because it’s remotely useful. It’s just to make you feel better. *double sigh*
No matter. What’s done is done. It is something I try to live by.

Not much writing, but I hadn’t expected as much what with everything going on. Am, however nearing the 12,500 word count, so that’s good. Only problem at the moment is that by the end of the day I can barely keep my eyes open, let alone write constructively.

Got to bed on time, and since there was the winter time thing starting, I actually got a decent night’s sleep prior to the market. We’d loaded in such a way that Knight II fit in the backseat and drove through morning twilight to arrive the market. Knight was a poster child of good manners through the day. First when we arrived, Cousin Ed and I hauling the small wagon to our stand, and Knight II nervously following me. The leash I made the other day worked like a charm, by the way. In the beginning he was a little nervous, but in the end he settled down in a chair and sat there keeping track of people and me as we moved back and forth.

There were awed and startled expressions at the sight of him sitting there in the chair. A millions of questions about his pay and pictures were taken. There were the two ladies who wanted to pet, and who ended up putting their face half an inch from his so he could sniff them. Knight very shyly obliged. My hand on his collar, just in case.
Had the quilts beautifully installed on this big constellation thing (foldout aluminum) and we were in awe of the sight…until the wind suddenly picked up and killed my constellation.
There were those who just wanted to see, those who wanted to pet, those who we chatted to about what would be a suitable dog for a small house and two small kids, and at the end of the day the three kids who had been playing all over the place all morning already and suddenly froze in the middle of their game to stare at the huge dog.
They clambered closer, hands outstretched, the boy on the shy side, keeping his distance while one little girl sat down beside the Knight and the other wrapped her arms around his neck and snuggled closer.
Poor Knight II suffered through the ordeal vibrating with tension, his golden eyes tight on me as I smiled at him, and kept my hand on his collar once more. No disaster there either, he was a true gentleman throughout the day.
As for sales, we sold some baby clothes and such, along with one of the Tika Art snugglies. There was this woman who came to look at the clothes. She picked one pair of ribbed pants for her baby, and then pushed her baby into my hands as soon as I waved at the kid. Yikes. And here I had planned to offer taking her bag so I could deposit it on the table. No such luck, instead she said: “Here, take this,” and plopped the baby in my hands. Gawd, they’re so tiny. Can’t hold them too tight, but can’t hold them too loosely either, eh? But anyway, by then she ended up fascinated by the snuggles and asked to try one on. The poor tyke looked mighty uncomfortable, and when I suggested the woman did the ties a little looser, the women did the opposite by reaching back to tighten it even more. Seriously, I was having nightmare last night just thinking about how tight she’d pulled it. Ended up running after her, tying one of the long strips on her back that she hadn’t managed to knot yet. Said goodbye to both and watched them go at the end of the day and slowly started loading up. Again Knight II behaved wonderfully, charming our marked organizer and everyone else who came in his neighborhood. He refused to pee and sleep all day so he passed out during the drive home and when I let him out he literally peed for five minutes in one piece.

Oh, by the way, as of Sunday there is no more Saturday market, darn. I liked the Saturdays better than Sundays. Sundays might be busier, but there were more serious buyers on Saturday.

By the time we got home I was starving, but first we had to unload and then big brother had to head out for another donation. He had apparently forgotten that he had promised to cook.
No worries, there is a deep fryer, and there were French fries and fresh cauliflower to toss in.
I was so wonderfully exhausted last night, that I don’t even remember hitting the pillows.

Knight and Chaos on the other hand, managed to make it a restless night. It was cold, you see, and they decided to use me as their stove. *sigh*

Caregiver and Sally spent the day at the hospital for Sally’s chemo. She had been dreading it, since the last treatment (only 80 percent) had her feel miserable for two weeks, but she went through it okay, working hard to stay positive, which is admirable.

When I came from the bathroom this morning, I found that Knight had somehow managed to get under his denim sock and was wrecking his bandages. Taped him back up and took him to the car. Of course there was another vet visit this morning for me. The vet did say that she thought Knight’s paw was looking good, so no disaster from his attack on the sock this morning.

Once at home breakfast and dog feeding over and done with, I supplied tenant with veggies for her to cut for supper. That done, I walked her down to the main house where she spent the remainder of the afternoon.

Big brother and I worked in the yard instead, sawing down a dead mimosa tree trunk and hauling it all up to the wood storage. What was next was hauling plant debris down the moment, and the good stuff up to the storage where they could dry for the winter. Afterward I cooked supper. Didn’t like it, but blame that on the lack of mashed tomatoes.

Some writing at the end of the day , a pick up trip to town before that, and then…well now, I want to go to bed, because I can’t keep my eyes open, darn it.

No comments: