Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Medical check up. Hmmm.

I’m running a little behind again, so I’ll have to hack my way through this Blog and hope for the best.

I slept without the knee support this night, on the off chance that it would be less painful, and though my knee is bothering me considerably when I finally drag myself out of bed this morning, it isn’t excruciating like yesterday.

Hurrying through the morning rituals and getting dressed so I can head down to the house in time, I still don’t manage to catch up. The knee needs its exercise and the gel massage, after which the hour of departure is rapidly drawing near. I try to get some writing done, but fail miserably when I can’t seem to gather my thoughts enough.

I get online instead, doing some quick reads and chats and then it’s time to leave.
Quickly I change clothes, gather the copies we’ll need into a folder and then head for the car where big brother and little sister are already waiting.

First stop is the photo booth where I went the last time I needed pictures for this sort of thing. I get in first, having three pictures snapped of which I pick one that looks the least bit annoying. It turns out okay, definitely compared to the last one I had to take for my passport–it was horrid, the way all passport photos seem to be.

Next up comes big brother, who has even more trouble in the booth, ‘cause he’s at least four inches taller than me. His pics come out all right, too, all things considered, though a smile wouldn’t have hurt, hah. Last one is little sister, who of course comes off looking downright gorgeous the way she always does. I would be jealous if I could. Since I can’t, there’s really no point to be anything but pleased for her.

That done we head deeper into the center of town, where big brother and I need to get our medical check up before we can register for our exams. Big brother goes first, spending about fifteen minutes with the young physician who okays him for the exams with a ninety-five percent approval score.

I’m up next, at which time I need to answer some questions about my general health…added with an explanation as to why I’m limping and using a cane, she needs to make sure that it’s nothing permanent…after which comes the eye tests, light tests, balance, etc. etc. Hundred percent, yay!

After we’ve paid for the mandatory service, we head on over to our school, which is right around the corner and settle in for about an hour of tests that go disappointingly bad for me. My knee is throbbing from the walking and it keeps distracting me enough to have me read the questions four times on occasion and then still end up getting some wrong, drat!

I decide to cut today’s session a little short and head on to the front desk to discuss and arrange for our exams with our teacher. All the paperwork seems to be in order, and depending on tomorrow and whether or not we receive any mail in the new mailbox, we have to give an address necessary for getting our results. If that doesn’t work out we’ll have to figure something out ASAP, or else postpone the entire thing until a later time.
I do hope it works!

Though I’m already dreadfully weary (seriously regretting the fact that I didn’t take painkillers before leaving) the hardest task of today doesn’t arrive until we leave the school and join little sister in the car.
Grocery shopping. It is that day again, and with mental lists being erected in our brains we head for the supermarket to get it done.

Two overfull carts later and about four hundred bucks lighter, we’ve got the three household grocery loads sorted and bagged in the back of the truck and are heading back home, much relieved that the next grocery shopping spree won’t arrive until another three weeks have passed.

I’m starting to get a little irritable when we arrive home, and start unpacking the loads by putting them away. My knee’s being a pain in the butt, so to speak, and the excited canines are constantly walking into it, but in the end we get it done. Big brother reheats yesterday’s leftovers and we can finally sit down and catch our breaths.

We only have time to watch the rented DVD “Mirrors” with Keiffer Sutherland…it was a massive disappointment. Heck, it wasn’t even scary…before the evening comes to an end and it’s time for me to drag weary limbs and hyper dogs up the mountain to start on the final stage of the night.

Another lesson tomorrow…we’re going to have to do some extra work the next couple of weeks, just to make sure that we’re at our best for the exams…along with another photo shoot, this time for one of the other younger sibs, and then…well, I don’t want to think about that right now.

Just another fun day, I guess.

No comments: