Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Monday, February 16, 2009

Snooze.

I find that I have very little to write about today, which seems to be a recurring problem of late. Drat! When did life get to be boring anyway? Hmmm I might have to think of a way to figure that out.

But first, lets do the usual and sum up the day’s events so we’ll have that behind us.
After I wake a little later than usual–on purpose for a change, I need to catch up on some serious zzzzzs–I can still hardly keep my eyes open and my knee is positively killing me!

It was incredibly cold during the night; even Trin Trin wakes me up at some point because she NEEDS to get up on the bed, like, right now! And slams her paw in my sleeping face just to get that point across.

I can certainly relate, seeing as I’m freezing myself, now that I’m only covered by the thin blanket I’ve been using since the knee debacle. With Trin Trin’s wake up call I decide to risk the heavy blankets instead, folding both of us inside, and pay for it, dearly, when it’s time to get up for real.

I can barely walk through the bedroom, let alone get to the sitting room without using the support of either a wall or doorway, and swear a blue streak when, in their enthusiasm, the dogs slam into me from every side. The worst of it is that while I move about–something which helped yesterday–that the serious ache doesn’t subside at all, making dressing and then walking down to the house pretty darn excruciating.

The first thing I do upon arriving in the main living area, is literally throwing my bag on the kitchen counter, and stumble my way to the table with arnica in hand. After I’ve shuffled on top of it, removed the knee support and laboriously toed off the shoe I barely got into up at the cabin, I find my lower leg to be swollen considerably and feeling pretty darn frozen compared to the hot throb in the knee.

For a while I rub in the gel, doing yesterday’s flexes to get some of the stiffness out of the joint, and sigh my relief when the painkillers I popped up in my room start to take effect. Finally! By this time I’ve calmed down considerably, and can actually chat with big brother and grandpa who have arrived by then. Seriously, I won’t try to write down all that was said, such conversation tend to be random switches of topics that won’t make any sense unless you’re there…and even then, hah,

After a little while, I do some minor chores and have breakfast, at which time I find my eyes drooping once more now that the adrenaline rush has subsided. I really can’t see myself getting through the day in this state, and end up curling up on an armchair-my legs propped up–and dozing off almost instantly.

For about two hours I’m drawn into a tangle of dreams that mash with the sounds of family moving around, dogs bumping into me, and even a couple crawling on top of my lap while I’m stretched out on the two seats. None of it matters, I’m “out” for all intents and purposes making me feel somewhat refreshed by the time five in the evening arrives.

Though it’s late and I need to make dinner at some time, I do manage to set up my computer and start writing without the annoying eye-drooping thing and work on the vampire story for two solid hours that earn me five more pages by the time I resurface when I need to start on dinner.

Little sister has already begun, chopping red beets and onions so I won’t need to stand on my bum leg too long, the sweetheart. It takes only half an hour or so to finish up, so soon everyone is enjoying the favored dish of red beats with cheese and rice. It is so good that I actually eat too much. Hah.

Long talks concerning random subjects (what else) pass, along with a couple of TV shows before I get up and restart my computer to do most of the messages and chats now, when I still have time, instead of later on when it will impede on my sleeping time.

Around midnight, I gather my things, deciding to circumvent the knee support since it seems to be doing more damage than good by cutting off proper circulation, I head on up the mountain at an annoyingly slow pace. Once arrived, I feed the dogs and do some fun reading in Crusie’s “What The Lady Wants” which is still hilarious, and then start on the remaining evening routines.

I have to say that I’m not looking forward to tomorrow. There’s school, a medical test, a visit to the insurance company, getting headshots for our exams and perhaps even grocery shopping. Gawd, it’s going to be pure hell if we manage all that.

No comments: